Will Becomes Obsessed with Angry Men

CHAPTER SUMMARY

Nico navigates through his first day of school after the boggart attack.

BEGINNING NOTES

Chapter Rating: General and Up Audiences
Content Warning: Cursing
Word Count: 3774

Hey guys. Sorry I couldn't post yesterday but I had a really long shift at work and I was exhausted. So, before I get ready for another day of fun-filled waitressing, I'm dropping a chapter... at 5 a.m. Yeah, I can't fall back asleep. My loss is your gain, I guess.

Our resident artist, the wonderful Viviana di Chiara did an amazing comic of this chapter's opening scene. It's in the end notes, so I don't give anything away. :)

And all the characters are owned by J.K. Rowling, or Rick Riordan.

____________________NICO____________________

Nico didn't know how he got Will on a, for lack of a better word, singing rant. The Iris Message had started as usual, each boy catching the other up on their previous days and whatnot, but, somehow, between the thinly veiled flirting, Will decided to start scream-singing. Nico should've felt annoyed, after all, for a son of Apollo, Will couldn't sing to save his life. That awful screeching, plus the fact that Will happened to be on a Les Mis kick, should've driven him up the wall.

So, why on Earth was Nico laughing so hard?

"DO YOU HEAR THE PEOPLE SING"

"Will, shut up!"

"SINGING THE SONG OF ANGRY MEN"

"You're going to wake up the entire Slytherin house!"

"IT IS THE MUSIC OF THE PEOPLE WHO WILL NOT BE SLAVES AGAIN"

"It's too early for this now!"

"WHEN THE BEATING OF YOUR HEART"

"You're not the son of the theater god, so shut up!"

"ECHOES THE BEATING OF THE DRUMS"

"How do you even know all these words?!"

"THERE IS A LIFE ABOUT TO START WHEN TOMORROW--"

Will's voice cut off without warning. It took Nico a few seconds to even register the lack of song; he was panting so hard. Before he even had a chance to stop heaving from laughter, Nico felt a finger tapping on his shoulder. Heart pounding, he turned. Blaise stood behind him, expression complete with raised eyebrows, and a sarcastic smirk.

Desperate to save face, Nico turned back to Will. Despite the fact that getting caught was one hundred percent his fault, Will did nothing. Well, nothing productive. He gave one of his adorkable, awkward smiles, though somehow he was able to throw in a teasing glint in his eye. Then, he gave Nico two thumbs up, complete with tongue click, and waved the Iris Message away.

"Will!" Nico's voice didn't come off quite as exasperated as he'd have liked. Not that it mattered anyway; Will couldn't hear him anymore.

"Healer checking in on how you're doing?" Blaise asked. The sheer amount of sass in his voice could give Nico a run for his money. The wheels in his head sprung into overdrive, attempting to salvage the situation somehow. There was no way Blaise wouldn't be able to put together Nico's feelings, at least, not now. He'd now seen the way Nico acted around Will twice... in the same week. Blaise wasn't an idiot; he could put two and two together.