Chapter 18; Lucy's Job

I forgot to add in this chap....woops

(Lucy's POV)

I don't have enough money to pay my rent....maybe I can do one of those jobs that Natsu takes. He might say no......so I'll just sneak out.

It's the afternoon, Natsu was taking a shower. I saw his phone on the counter, and got Nick's phone number from it. I placed his phone back to where it was.

I texted Nick,'This is Natsu's girlfriend. Do you have any jobs that gives 70,000 jewel?'

'Yeah. There's this wanted woman in an alley. You think you can handle it?'

'Yeah. Oh, and can you please not tell Natsu this?'

'Sure.'

"Who are you texting?" Natsu asked. I looked up, and Natsu was in a towel.

"Juvia." I lied.

"Okay. Oh, where's my school uniform?"

"It's in the dryer. I think it's ready now."

"K." Natsu left to get his uniform.

'So tell me about this woman. What's her power?' I texted.

'She's a celestial spirt mage. I heard she can spawn all her spirits at once.'

Woah! She must be pretty strong, but it's for my rent.

'Oh. Well I gotta get to school. See ya.' I texted, and placed my phone in my pocket. I got off of the couch. I fixed my hair in the mirror, and placed my bookbag over my shoulder.

"Are you ready, Natsu?" I asked.

"Yea," Natsu came out of the hallway with his school uniform on, and his muffler. He kissed me on the forehead, and got his bookbag. He placed his arm around my waist and we walked to school.

~After School~

During school, all I can think about is that job. Hopefully Natsu isn't suspicious yet.

(Natsu's POV)

Lucy has been weird lately. Maybe she's in a fight with Juvia? I shouldn't be in her business, though.

"Lucy.......can we eat at the café?" I know she always laughs at me eating.

"Sure," she smiled at me. I smiled back. We entered the café, and I heard her beautiful laugh again when I ate. After we ate everything, we were silent. Lucy was on her phone, and dessert came. It was yummy cake. I picked up a fork with a piece of cake and held it out for Lucy. I waved it around until Lucy finally noticed. She was about to open her mouth, until I leaned in to kiss her. She kissed back, and I pulled away with a smirk. Lucy's face was red but she smirked back. I felt her hand wrap around my neck, and soon, we were making out in public.

"Ahem. Your bill." The waitress interrupted. We pulled away.

"Hehe... Sorry," Lucy giggled. I laughed a little too as I payed the bill.

"Heh." The waitress fake-laughed and walked away. Lucy got up, picked up her phone, and placed it in her pocket. I wrapped my arm around her and held her waist. We walked home. Lucy seemed to be happy now.

(Lucy's POV)

~At Night~

I think I made Natsu unsuspicious. We were laying down in bed, trying to sleep.

He had his arm wrapped around me,"Goodnight Lucy," he kissed my cheek.

"Goodnight."

'How can I sneak out now?'