Chapter 9; Prom

*•*The Next Day*•*

(Lucy's POV)

Prom was tonight! I'm so excited! Even if I win Prom Queen or not, I'll still be happy.

It was after school, and I was helping Natsu pick out an outfit, he didn't have time yesterday. I'm waiting for him to be dressed in his last choice.

"You done?" I asked.

"I just need help with the tie," Natsu responded as he came out, in a really nice tux.....Natsu looked really sexy. I walked up to him, and started fixing the tie.
"Lucy?" Natsu broke the silence.

"Hm?" I looked up at him, and met his black eyes, he was staring back at mine.

"Uh..........You think I should get this one?" Natsu replied.

"Y-yeah...." I answered.

'Ugh......Why is it always have to be awkward? I know that we're about to kiss right now, and then something will interrupt us.'

Yup, I was right, Natsu's leaning towards me, trying to kiss me. Of course I want him to kiss me, so I leaned in too.

"Ahem," A worker interrupted,"Are you guys done with these clothes?"

Natsu turned to her,"Yeah. I'll change back and buy this." The worker nodded and left. Natsu went back to the dressing room.

I slapped myself,'Idiot! What's wrong with me? Why do I always feels like kissing Natsu?!'

~A few minutes later~

It was almost time for Prom, Natsu and I went back home. I got dressed into my prom clothes, and stepped out.

"Virgo, can you please tie this up?" I asked. Virgo helps me all the time.

"Okay," Virgo tied the strap of my dress,"You should use these earrings." Virgo pointed at the table.

"Thank you Virgo. You totally get my style." I smiled

"You're welcome, Princess." Virgo grinned a little. I put on the earrings, and looked into the mirror. My hair was in a ponytail, and I look amazing.

"I must go, Princess. Onii-chan and I are going to hang out with Aries." Virgo bowed and poofed.
I still don't get why Virgo calls Loki 'Onii-chan.'

"Lucy, I need help with that tie again," Natsu walked into the room.

"Okay," I walked to him, and I started tying up his tie.

"You look beautiful," Natsu complimented.

"Thanks, you look pretty sexy as well," I replied without thinking.

'Did I just say that?! Ugh.'

"Heh. Thanks." I looked up at him and I saw his signature smirk. I grinned back.
"Say, since everyone still thinks we're dating, can we go to prom together?" Natsu asked.

"Yeah," I replied. I know Natsu just made that excuse to ask me to prom.

Natsu looked at his watch,"Time to go," he held out his arm for me to cling on, and I took it.

*•*At Prom*•*

Natsu and I walked inside the cafeteria, where prom was held. Everything looked so colorful, sparkly, and the lights flashed around.

"This is amazing!" I smiled.

"Lu-chan!" Levy smiled, and made her way towards her as someone tall followed her.

"Hey Levy-chan!......Gajeel?" I turned to him,"You're with Levy-chan?"

Levy blushed,"N-no! I'm just using him so Jet and Droy won't bother me. Right, Gajeel?" Gajeel nodded. I winked at Levy.
She gave me a glare that said,'Shut up!'

"Levy, let's go. I feel Jet and Droy are nearby..." Gajeel interrupted.

"Okay. See ya Lu-chan," Levy and Gajeel left.

"Hey everyone, look! It's them! Natsu and Lucy!" I heard random people gather us around.

'How popular are we...?'

"We'll ask you a favor later, after we know who'll win Prom Queen & King. Plus we all know it's going to be you guys." They left as the music changed into some catchy song.

"I'll go get you some punch," Natsu suggested and went to the table with all the food and drinks. I looked around, all I saw was Gray and Juvia, laughing and talking with drinks in their hands. I also saw Jellal and Erza come in. They looked like a really rich married couple. Then I looked at Levy, she was with Gajeel.

'Everyone seems to be with someone they love....'

Natsu came back with two cups of fruit punch, and I took one.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome." We sipped our drinks, and it felt really awkward. The awkward silence came as we listened to the music.

(Natsu's POV)

I think I'm going to confess to her today. During prom......I bought her a bracelet with flowers on them.

"You should go talk to your friends..." I closed the silence.

"They're busy with their dates," Lucy replied.

"Oh. Well.....we could-" I was interrupted by someone tapping the microphone.

"Hey everybody!" That somebody with the microphone said,"It's almost time to announce the winners of Prom King & Queen! We're still counting the votes, but until then, dance to this!" He changed the music into a slow song. Lucy and I looked at each other.

"Do you know how to slow dance?" Lucy asked.

I shook my head with a 'no.'

"I'll teach you. I've slow danced with my father a lot back then." Lucy placed down her drink, and took my hand. I placed mine down too, and Lucy lead me to the dance floor.
"It's a simple 1-2-3 step. Just follow my lead," Lucy held my hands, and started stepping back and forth. I followed and Lucy smiled,"There you go."

~A few moments later~

"You've got the hang of it now?" Lucy asked. I nodded. "Once you know how to do that, people mostly dance like this..." Lucy moved my hands on her waist, and she placed her hands on my shoulders. "Well if it's okay with you, we can dance like this...." I knew that Lucy felt awkward

"This is fine," I smirked.

"Okay," Lucy grinned back.

"I'm back everyone!" That same guy went up the stage. The music stopped and everyone stopped dancing.
We all turned to the guy,"We counted the votes, and we now have the results!" Everyone cheered.

"So, the winner of Prom Queen is......."

Cliffhanger! c: