🌊 Placing Bets 🌊

School AU
Female

°°°

I

t was Thursday and instead of going home to 'study' for his next biology test, Percy was slowly climbing up the black and orange bleachers. He stopped once he reached the middle aisle and sat at the end of it. He rested his elbows on the top of his thighs and leaned forward in anticipation.

Annabeth had told Percy during English that tonight was the first girls basketball game of the season. Since Annabeth and Piper watched his swimming match, Percy said he'd watch their game tonight.

Percy was about to bring out his phone to check the time when a group of girls in orange jerseys walked into the gym.

Percy almost had to shield his eyes at the brightness of the jerseys. The jersey itself didn't look bad but almost everyone, including the players, hated the colour.

The bleachers creaked as someone approached Percy. Turning his head to the side, Percy smiled as Jason Grace, his friend from Jupiter Academy, stood beside him.

"Didn't realize we were playing you guys tonight," Percy said as Jason took a seat beside him. "I would've agreed faster to attending this game if I knew you were coming around."

Jason pushed his glasses up slightly. "I would've texted you but my life's been pretty busy right now."

"You still playing volleyball?" Percy asked, moving his gaze from the girls to Jason.

"Yeah. Practice has been killing me lately and add over two hours worth of homework and a part time job on top of that," Jason answered, arching his back so the bones would crack.

Percy laughed shortly. "You get any sleep in between that?" He asked.

"I don't even remember what day it is. I swear I'm getting one step closer to death every day because of my schedule," Jason said, cracking a small smile at Percy.

During their conversation, the two boys didn't realize the other team walk in. Only did they realize was when they heard someone in front of them clear their throat.

Percy looked up at you almost in awe. You were wearing a dark purple jersey with the number 8 on it and your hands were placed on your hips.

"Jason, do you have my mouthguard?" You asked, your eyes piercing into Jason's.

Jason picked his backpack and rummaged through it. "Didn't Thalia have it when we left home?" He asked, not looking up.

"I already asked her and she didn't have it. She said Ma gave it to you before we left," You responded, peering into the bag below.

Percy watched as Jason talked to you. He had heard the word 'Ma' but still didn't know what your relationship was with the blond.

Only when you had found your mouthguard and fled to the court did Percy ask Jason about who you were.

"That's my twin sister," Jason stated as your team huddled up before the game started.

"You mean to tell me that you had a cute sister and you didn't tell me?" Percu said, fakeing being offended.

Jason rolled his eyes. "You never asked before and I wasn't about to bring her up in front of you."

Before Percy could ask about what Jason had just said, the referee blew the whistle, signaling the start of the game.

°°°

Though Half Blood Secondary had lost, Percy was quite happy. He couldn't help but watch you score basket after basket with a smile on his face.