Chapter 8 - Why Is This Happening?

Olivia's pov

I finally got a text from Maya and it's not a good text. Maya told me that a taxi is picking me up soon to take me to the bowling place. But she said the same thing Aunt Claire told me. Maya told me that she will send me back home if I steal Cameron from her. When we both were 9 years old, I accidentally broke Maya's collarbone. I jumped on her and then it just broke. Maya and the rest of her family got really angry with me.

I am sitting downstairs in the front room. I am on my phone scrolling through Facebook, when Aunt Claire came in to the room. I looked at her for 2 seconds and then I looked back at my phone. Aunt Claire sat down on the couch opposite me. I feel like Aunt Claire is judging me or something like that. I decided to ignore her as much as I can.

'So, has Maya forgotten about you?' Aunt Claire says.

'Actually, no. She hasn't forgotten about me. Maya has called a taxi for me and it will be here in 5 minutes.' I replied.

'Oh okay. Have fun honey!' Aunt Claire says.

'Thanks Aunt Claire.' I said.

'No problem.' Aunt Claire says. The doorbell rang seconds later. I went to answer it. I opened the door and it was the taxi driver.

'Who is at the door Olivia?' Aunt Claire asked. She came out to the front door.

'It's the taxi driver.' I replied.

'Oh okay. Well have fun.' Aunt Claire says. I walked out of the door and went straight for the car.I didn't say bye to Aunt Claire. I do feel bad but what she said to me kind of upset me. So, I didn't even bother saying anything to her. I didn't even look back at her. As I got into the car, the driver drove of and took me to the bowling place. I can't wait for this. I am going to have so much fun. I can't wait to Cameron.

*30 Minutes Later*

I have reached the venue. I also found out that I don't have to pay for the taxi, as it is a Saturday night and after a certain time, taxi rides are free. That is a good thing, I got out of the taxi and went inside. As I got inside, I couldn't find Maya and her friends, so I decided to message her instead.

O: 'Hey, I have arrived, whee are you and your friends? X'

M: 'Hey, we are upstairs! X'

O: 'Okay, be right there! X'

M: 'Just be careful of what you say to Sophie and Oscar, as they are not happy that you are here xxx'

O: 'Yeah, don't worry! X

M: 'Oh and keep your distance from Cameron!! X'

O: 'Look, I promise I will keep my distance from Sophie, Oscar and especially from Cameron. I won't even talk to them, let alone look at them x'

M: 'Good! Now, come upstairs, we are waiting for you. Hurry up! X'

O: 'I'm coming up now! X'

As I went upstairs, I saw Maya and her friends. When I saw Cameron, I felt like running up to him and hugging but I can't do that because Cameron is not my boyfriend, he is Maya's boyfriend. I can never hurt Maya. As I got closer, Maya noticed me.

'Olivia, we are over here!' Maya says. I went over to them.

'Hey guys.' I said.

'Hey, you made it.' Maya said.

Yup. Aren't we supposed to be downstairs?' I said.

'What do you mean?' Jordan asked.

'I mean, the bowling alley is downstairs, I thought we came here to bowl.' I said.