His Story

<Nashi>
We eventually rode in the same compartment.
After a few exchanges of information here and there. We learned more about the man who almost ruined Mr. Fullbuster's life.

"Where'yah heading?" He asked Cody.

"Magnolia." He answered.

"You're going to Magnolia too?" I asked, "tourist? Are you a traveler?"

He shook his head.

"Not necessarily." He said, "more like I'm going to find work. Get some money, meet new people and make a living." He explained.

"Ah, the bridge to adulthood, huh? Where'yah from?" Mr. Fullbuster seemed interested in him.

Maybe because he was interested in why a pretty boy like himself, was wandering aimlessly around.

"I'm live east of what was, the Heartfilia Konzern." Cody answered. "Nice quiet place up there."

"Heartfilia Konzern?" He made a face.

"Yah...been there before. It is a nice place."

Huh? Mr. Fullbuster also went to mother's home before? I guess that's obvious. Coming from the man who was close to my mom.

"It was when I was 17, with the daughter of the family." He added. "Only once and never again."

"To think that people like you were acquainted with them! They were the biggest company in magnolia!" Cody said amazed.

I chocked on his words.

"Yes. People like me." Mr. Fullbuster repeated. He sighed and started to rub my head.

"This is the daughter of that fine lady. Lucy Heartfilia, well now a Dragneel." He revealed.

"Stunning really." Cody said amazed, "nice to meet you. And second time, if you would." He took out his hand and I shook it.

"Right..."

"You said you are looking for jobs. Does that mean you're thinking about joining a guide?" Mr. Fullbuster brought up.

"That is what I'm looking forward to." Cody nodded his head. There are countless guilds everywhere! However, I don't think I'll qualify."

"Are you not a wizard?" I asked.

"Well. I would be lying if I said I wasn't. However, I shouldn't be possessing this kind of power I have. Just a dream of being in a guild I guess." He trailed off.

"Why?" I pestered.

"First of all, my parents oppose the idea of magic and wizards. If I were to join a guild, well it wouldn't be pretty. He answered.

"But don't get me wrong. I want to join one. I've heard that many out there, become a second home."
I nodded. "That's true." I agreed, "they're heartwarming and friendly. I added.

"Are you guys apart of a guild?" Cody asked.

"Yes." I spoke.

Mr. Fullbuster nodded his head.

Cody's gloomy expression illuminated. "Do tell what kind of magic embodies you."

"An ice devil slayer." He went first, "could be a dragon slayer myself if that were true." He teases me. I giggled and nudged his arm.

"I'm a celestial mage and a dragon slayer."

"You must be strong I assume then, correct?"

"Well, I guess I am." Mr. Fullbuster took that question into his head and had to think about it.

You have no faith in me do you?
Yeah, my spatial magic could use some work, but I can manage just as the next...but I know that it will take time to become a strong celestial mage like my mother was.

"And very lucky." Cody said. "Guild members and all. I want a family like that." A sincere smile rose upon his face and I couldn't help but to relate.

"Would you like to visit our guild?" I asked.
"Of course. I'll be around anyways. What guild are you affiliated with?" 

"Fairy Tail." Mr. Fullbuster answered, showing his insignia. I also waved the back of my hand. Instantly, his eyes fluttered.

"Hahha, what a coincidence, I was going to go there myself anyways." He laughed. "It's still famous, full of strong wizards. My older sister used to root for you guys the during the annual Grand Magic games." Cody brought up.

"Really?" I smiled. "Fans?"

"Yup, she's was a fan. However, she's in the same boat as me. Wanting to embrace our magic. We practically envy your guild. Any guid at this rate really. W-well not the dark ones."

"Noted." Gray nodded.

"Where is she now? Your sister I mean." I questioned, "did she not join you on your trip?"

"The thing is she's no longer here." Cody's expression was masked by a familiar vacancy.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I apologized as I knew right away what he meant. Like me, when people ask about mom, I can't help but to see a reflection of myself in him.

"It's heartbreaking to know that dreams can be crush so easily. She at first ran away from home in order to join this guild. She had priorities of being the head of the company. But she was willing to set her very goals first before anything."

"The parents huh?" Mr. Fullbuster raised a brow. "They got in the way?" He added.

"Yes. They stripped that only dream of her's away. She had to take over the business."

"I see." I commented. "What happened to her?" I didn't know if I was treading too deep, but I felt like he was already sharing so much. What could be the harm?

Cody sighed and directed his eyes from mine.

"They sent people after her a year ago. The ones from the dark guilds. She was on her way, until they attacked my older sister. The money was already paid and these wizards didn't have any kind of mercy or job to actually bring her back alive. When she had refused to go home. They murdered her. And sent her body back."

"Dark guilds don't always play by the rules. That's unfortunate." Mr. Fullbuster said, "sorry."
"If I were you I wouldn't know who to blame." My anger snapped inside me. "But even if it's to drag her back without her consent, would it be a lie that the parents didn't care about her? To go through the trouble and all?"

I started to ramble off on my own, influenced by my own heart and emotions.

"That's the thing. I didn't know either. In the end, both parties are to blame. However, right now. I'm going to fulfill my sister's dream. Our dream in that suffocating household. I'm going to join the Fairy Tail guild."