Path to Death

<Cody>
Eventually, the 5 days passed rather quickly. I ended up spending most of my time increasing my stamina and studying quick potions for first aid needs. I don't know what I'll see when I get up there. I hope I can be of use to Nashi.

I arrived at the station 15 minutes early. Maybe she'll come last minute. I wouldn't be surprised. I just hope that we won't miss this train. Or the next one won't be until tomorrow. Which would definitely delay our schedule.

"Cody!"

A voice hollered at me and I turned to noticed Nashi running towards me. Like was she going to leap into my arms. W-wait?!

"Ahh, I missed you." She wrapped her arms around me and slightly swung me side to side.

She did ended up jumping onto me.

"Well, here I am." I awkwardly spoke. Honestly, this adoring and cute side of her was too much for me. How could I react normally?!

"You ready?" I asked, placing my hand on her shoulder. Sensing the surge of magic particles. Radiating from her body.

"Yup! I'm ready to fight!" Her arm rocketed up in determination.

Only a few more minutes till the train arrived. Both me and Nashi looked off into the distant streets questioning their arrival. I didn't have high hopes unlike Nashi. I guess we both expected too much from them.

"T-that's it, huh?" Nashi looked degraded from her energetic self and sighed. "Just you and me Cody." She held out her fist for a fist-bump.

"I guess so." As I was about to knock my first into hers, my eyes had caught the attention of 4 people running towards us.

<Nashi>
"Nashi! Nashi!" Gia waved her arms violently and the others followed behind her. They were all packed with bags and had the look of confidence.

"We decided to come along." Gale placed his and on my head and messed up my hair.

"Lami is coming too." Jae gave notice to Mirajane and Laxus's daughter. Like Jae, she was one of the oldest out of our group.

"Lami?! When did you get back?" I questioned as she was out herself, on a relatively long mission.

"Yesterday. I came upon the news of my parents and wanted to join in on this secret march to the war." Her low toned voice reminded me of how much older and mature she was. How I missed her and her giant breast.
•••••••
On the train, we all caught up with ourselves. First I asked Cody about his 5-day training. He said that he practically used the time on perfecting his enchantment magic. It wasn't like Wendy's, no. Not at her level. But quite simple use of magic particles and used with potions.

"They consist of healing potions, mainly for injuries." He took a bottle from many out of this canvas bag.

"But isn't Wendy going to be there?" I asked.

"Doesn't she only enhance strength rather than physical injuries?" Jae brought up.

"I guess your right." I nodded.

"I don't know for a fact but, there is word that Fairy Tail isn't the only guild fighting in the war." Lami leaned back into her seat. "Remember that Fairy Tail has a lot of allies? Don't tell me you thought it was a guild war? Against a kingdom?" Lami eyed all of us.

We never really did take that into consideration. If that is true, we might actually be able to win this!

"Kind of figures. The other guilds wouldn't want to sit back and watch either." Gale agreed.

"I just hope everything will be okay." Gia laid her head on my shoulder.

"It's war Gia, what can you expect?" Jae pointed out.

"But still! Even if they are our enemies, they're people too. Wizards just like us, fighting for a reason." Gia tried to explain.

I shook my head.

"That maybe true however, we're fighting for family, friends, and the sake of Fiore Kingdom. Those guys are all after death, spilling blood and causing destruction. Besides, we're dealing with Zeref's army. Most of them aren't going to be human."

Gia ate her words and found the harsh reality of it. Even though I didn't want to put her through the truth. It had to be done. Or else the fighting morale and everything, will be for nothing.
••••••••
Hours went by and we all sat quietly with the awkwardness still lingering in the compartment. Gia was fast asleep on my shoulder and Gale was munching on iron rods.
I looked over and noticed that there was burn marks all over Cody's arm. When I was caught staring, so was Jae.

Then I realized that he was staring at me for looking.

"Oh, don't worry. It's nothing, I just got these from trying to make the potions." Cody assured.

"Why don't you use them on you?" I asked. "Don't they hurt?"

"Yeah but, I'm limited on supplies. I only have 3 bottles." He explained. "These were very difficult to create.

"They must be used to emergencies then." Jae commented.

"That's what I intended in the first place. Like if someone is on the brink of death." Cody looked troubled by his words.

"Don't worry. We're thicker skinned wizards of Fairy Tail. We won't die." Lami encouraged Cody.
He nodded his head and opened his bag.

"I also made potion that allows you to hide your magic presence so the enemy won't notice you."

"Wow, that'll come in handy." Gale said impressed.

"Yeah, I hope so..." Cody said a little worried.

"Hey, don't worry, it'll work." I reassured him. "You have to believe okay?"

"Yeah, thanks." Cody smiled and we talked the whole train ride until we made it to our destination.
••••••••
"Okay, if we go 4 miles to the left, we'll make it to their camp. I bet they started walking by this morning, so they should of gone deeper. At least another 6 miles north." Cody explained.

"Must we walk?" Gia complained.

Lami patted her back.

"I would use my take-over magic to turn into a flying beast and ride on me, but we'll be detected more easily if we did." Lami shrugged.

"Let's go then!" I said cheerfully. "We won't get any further than this, if we just stand here."

Before I knew it, a loud bang had erupted from the earth. The ground beneath us shout boulders and rocks into the air.

"Protect your heads!" Cody exclaimed.

While Gale made an iron shield for Jae and Gia. Lami transformed into a rock-scaled monster and slammed her rocky fists against the falling ones.

"Cody!" I called for his name.

In that moment.
I  saw a glimpse of Cody before we were separated. Suddenly the downfall of big boulders crushed the earth all at once. Trees began to bend and snap like branches and animals had scurried away. Everything became black.