Black Eyes

<Nashi>
We're back. The misty winds of Magnolia and the flowers poking out of the green grass. The town rushing with people on the streets. It's been around a month hasn't it?

Cody gazed around and stretched his arm.
"Hey Nashi, are we heading straight to the guild-"

I wonder if I really should just pop up without notice. It's not like I told anyone about my leave anyways.

"Hey, Nashi!" Cody hailed me down. "You ignored me and set off on your own." He looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Ah! Sorry...I was lost in my thoughts. When I looked back, we stood far away from the train station. How long was I in deep thoughts for?

Cody chuckled, "it's no big deal. Even if you were to wander off without me. I'd fine you eventually." He smiled.

"Cody...you're such an idiot." I turned back around trying to hide the blush on my face. What does he think he's doing?!

"What's your plan?" He asked.

"I don't know anymore actually disappearing for a month. They wouldn't welcome me back home with open arms." I spoke gloomily.

"Don't be like that." He patted my back, "there going lecture you and scold you, because they care about you. Actions speak too, you know."

I know actions can speak for themselves. I've seen it. But so many interpretations of it. I don't want to deal with it.

When I looked back up. I saw Jae and Gia not too far from us. Both of them looking like they just got back from a job request.

"Hey, what's up?" I waved casually.

"Is that all we get? You were gone for a month?!" Gia pulled on my ear and dragged away from Cody.

"Vacation?" I bluntly said with nervousness. I moved my body and looked over at Cody and faced his direction. "With him." I added.

I could feel Jai's eyes darting at him. Brittle and raging with doubt. Making me feel irritated inside out.

"I didn't do anything, I swear!" Cody defended himself and raised his arms in the air.

"Stop that Jae. He's been helping me find out who poisoned my mom." I stood up for him.
"Huh?" Gia released me.

Jai's head fell down and I could see a faint streak of red across his face.

"About that I'm sorry Nashi. About-"

Before he could finish, I walked over and slapped the side of his head.

"Damn, you need to relax." I stuck out my tongue.

"W-wha? You trying to pick a fight Nashi?" Jae didn't like how I passively ignored his apology.

I looked at him with consideration and patted his head. For his tall height. I had to stand on my toes.

"You don't have to worry about that anymore. Thank you for worrying about me. Besides, you did nothing wrong." I confessed.

I saw a glint of that happiness on his face. It's been too long since I've seen it.

Gia pulled on my arm.
"Does your dad know that you're back?" She asked me. I blankly looked at her. I started sweating nervously again.