Chapter 17

Adam's POV

We only have one more game. One more until we win it or lose. Until we go home. Until I won't see Sky everyday. I'm dreading that day.

We have 2 days left until we play Iceland in the final game. We beat Canada 6-2, Sky and Carter scored their teams goals. I helped Bombay coach, Russ did take my spot and he did good.

Bombay has been a lot nicer and more fun. For our last practice we didn't even practice hockey. We messed around until Iceland came. Stanson and Bombay had a one on one game. Stanson was a dick and hit Bombay's bad knee.

My dad hasn't called or anything like that since he met Sky. I'm still shocked that went as well as it did.

Speaking of Sky, I'm hanging out with her, the ducks, Carter, Ty, and Lee. We are in the lounge just sitting around. Carter was sitting on Ty's lap as ty wrapped his arm around Carter, they are honestly so cute. Sky was sitting right next to me, I ya my arm around her. Lee was just sitting alone in an arm chair.

We had been hanging out for awhile now when I got a call did I notice the time.

"Hello?"

"Adam where are you?" It was coach.

"In the lounge." I replied confused.

"You have your wrist appointment in ten minutes! I've been waiting for you outside the hotel for like 15." 

I jumped up.

"Shot! I'll be right down."

I hung up the phone.

"I'm so sorry but I have to go. I completely forgot I have my worst appointment in ten minutes. Bye."

"Bye." They all said and I sprinted out of the room. I ran all the way down the stairs and and to the car Bombay was in.

"About time Banks." He greeted me.

"I'm so sorry. I completely forgot." I apologized.

Coach started driving and we arrived at the hospital moments later.

~~~~

Guess what? I got my sling off! I can play again. Now I just have to tell the rest of my team. Practice had started anyway. My appointment ran late so Hans and McKay has to start practice.

I got dressed quickly. Oh it felt good to be in gear again. I walked carefully out of the locker room and to the ice. I opened the door and all heads turned towards me. I skated towards the group and boy it felt amazing. I missed the ice way too much.

"Adam?" Charlie asked confused.

"I'm back!" I yelled.

My team cheered happily for me and surrounded me in a hug.
~~~

I was knocking on sky's door and she wasn't answering. Where is she? I was going to leave when the door finally opened.

"Sky thank- oh sorry Carter."

Carter had opened the door and he looked like he had been busy. His hair was messy and his shirt was crooked. Plus he had a bunch of little hickeys on his neck that disappeared behind his shirt. I moved my head just an inch and saw Ty sitting on a bed, trying to get his shirt on.

I grinned as Carters face turned bright red.

"I'm so deeply sorry for interrupting. I just needed to talk to Sky."

"It's ok. She's in Connie and Julie's room." Carter sounded like he was out of breath.

"Thanks, and Carter?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't be stupid, use protection." 

I smirked and left a very embarrassed Carter at the door. I heard him shut the door though when I knocked on Connie and Julie's. Sure enough, Sky was there.

"Sky I need to talk to you." I said happily.

"Omg! You got your sling off." She cheered and gave me a tight hug.

"I know. That's what I wants to tell you. I can play in the Iceland game now." She let go of me and gave me a kiss on the lips.

Wow.

"I'm so happy for you." She said after pulling away.

"It felt so good to be back on the ice. I didn't know I could miss something that bad."

"I still can't believe it." She whispered.

"Yeah? Well start. It's real."

She was looking at the ground which made her hair fall in her face. I tucked her strawberry blonde hair behind her ear and tilted her face to look at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked seeing her worried face.

"I just don't want you to get hurt again. I mean you're going up against Iceland, the reason you sprained your wrist in the first place."

"Hey, don't worry. It'll be ok. I'm still going to wrap it so I'll have extra protection ok?"

She nodded her head. I kissed the top of her head and smiled. "Ok."

"Good. Now, how about we do something?"

"Can we go relax in your room?" She asked.

"Sure." I took her hand in mine and we walked the short distance to my room.

Charlie, Guy, and Averman weren't in there so Sky and I cuddled up on my bed. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close to me. She nuzzled her head against my chest and laid her arms over mine.

We took a nap like that.

________________
IM BACK

I am honestly so sorry I have not updated. But I'm back and I'm going to finish this book now.

If you guys are still going to read this.
But I'm going to finish.
I promise.