Chapter 19

Julie caught it!

We won? Team USA won!

We all hopped out of the bench and went to sworn Julie. We won. I can't believe it.

We all had to line up and shake hands with Iceland. They seem upset but who wouldn't be.

After celebrating on the ice for a bit we went i it the locker rooms to shower and change. I made sure I looked, and smelled, good before heading out.

Sky and her friends were waiting for us outside. I dropped my stuff and ran over her to hug her. I picked her up and spun her around.

"You did great Adam!" She squealed.

I set her down and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me back. After awhile we pulled away.

"Thanks baby."

She lightly blushed at that.

Carter, Ty, and Lee all came up to us.

"Good job Adam." Ty said.

"Yeah. That was an amazing shot at the end." Lee said.

"Oh god yeah it was." Carter added.

I smiled. "Thanks guys."

They smiled back and walked over to Charlie and the rest of my team. I looked at sky.

"We leave tonight. We all do."

She looked down sadly. "I know."

"Hey... look at me." She looked up at me. "It's gonna be okay though. We'll keep in touch."

"Yeah.. but it's gonna be weird not having you with me anymore."

"We'll meet up. Canada and Minnesota aren't that far apart remember." I said smiling.

"Yeah." She smiled back.

——-

I was in my room, finishing up packing. I did a double check and found a pair of pants under the bed.

"Who's pants are these?" I asked holding them up when I realized they weren't mine.

"Not mine." Gee, Charlie, and Averman said at once.

We laughed.

"No but seriously. Who's are these?" I asked once we stopped laughing.

Charlie opens his arms and I threw them to him. He caught them and examined them.

"Not mine." He passed them to Gee who did the same thing.

Gee passed it to Averman who looked at them.

"Huh. Guess they are mine."

We all laughed again.

"I really don't want to leave." I said.

"Me either. We go back to school after this." Averman spoke.

Charlie looked at me. "It'll be okay you know, you'll keep in touch with her."

I sighed. "I know."

"We should go. It's almost time to leave." Gee said standing up.

We all grabbed our luggage and headed out of the hotel room. We walked down to our meeting spot in silence.

We loaded our baggage into the bottom of the bus that would bring us home. I looked around for sky. We promised each other we'd meet each other here.

"Adam!" Someone yelled as I was about to get on the bus, I turned around and saw it was Sky.

I quickly got off the bus and ran to her. I hugged her again and she nuzzled her face into my chest.

"I'm gonna miss you." She mumbled.

"I'm gonna miss you too."

"I love you."

"I love you."

We hugged for awhile.

"I'll see you later okay." I told her.

"Yeah. Later."

I kissed her before getting on the bus. I sat down next to Charlie by the window. I waved at her and she waved back.

————-
"Adam!" Sky yelled.

"What?" I called back.

"Sophie won't put her pants on!"

I smiled and walked into our 4 year old daughters room.

Sky and I went to the same college and got married right after. We had a double wedding with Ty and Carter.

A couple years later we had our first child, Ben who just turned 15. We then had twins, Chloe and Charity who are 12. Then our 8 year old son Peyton. And finally Sophie who is 4.

We both agreed we wanted a big family, and Sky is pregnant again. She's 39 now and we know he risks of her having child at this age but we wanted one last kid. It's a boy and she's due at any time.

We've decided to name him Lee, after his uncle he'll never get to meet. That's right, Lee died a couple years ago due to Cancer. It really impacted our family and that's when we decided to have another child in honor of him.

Ty and Carter adopted two children. A boy and a girl. Alex and Kaylie. They live just a couple streets down. They moved here after Lee's death.

We still keep in touch with the Ducks and Sky's team.

"Sophie. You have to put on your pants." I said as I walked into her room.

"But daddy I don't want to." She whined.

"Why not?" I asked softly.

"They're too pink. I don't like pink."

"I thought pink was your favorite color?" Sky asked.

"Not today." Sophie replied.

"Okay well what color pants do you want?"

"Blue."

I smiled and got her some blue pants from her drawer. I held them out to her and some clapped her hands and smiled.

I put them on her and she ran out of the room.

"Thanks Adam." Sky said looking at me.

"No problem sweetie. How are you feeling?" I asked placing my hands on her shoulders.

"Tired."

"Go take a nap. I'll take the kids out so you can have some peace and quiet."

She kissed my cheek. "How'd I get so lucky."

"I could ask the same thing."

___________