Chapter 18

Adams PoV

Today was the day we played Iceland in our final game of the Junior Goodwill games. I was extremely nervous. I haven't played in weeks and I've only been at two actual practices, but I've stayed later on the ice to get myself back into myself.

But I made sure to not over work myself, the last thing I need is to be told I can't play again if I sprained something else.

I was currently triple checking that I have everything. I'm usually not this nervous. I guess not playing for weeks does this to you.

"Everybody ready?" Charlie asked.

Averman, Guy, and I nodded our heads. We grabbed our bags and headed out of our room. We rode the elevator down and made our way onto the bus. It was unusually quiet.

We are all just either nervous or extremely nervous. Last time we played Iceland we lost bad, and I got a sprained wrist. I just want to crush them.

We arrived at the arena and walked to the locker room, where Lee, Carter, Ty, and Sky were waiting. I walked over to them while the rest of my team walked into the locker room.

"Hey." I said and smiled for the first time this morning.

"Hey. We just wanted to wish you good luck." Carter said.

"Thanks, we're gonna need it." I forced a little laugh.

Sky playfully slapped my arm. "Oh stop it, you guys are gonna do great."

"Yeah, stop worrying." Ty said.

"Hey I never asked, how did you do in your race?" I asked Ty.

"Oh I got second in the 800, and first in the 5000."

"Wow. That's amazing." I told him.

"Thanks." He said sheepishly.

"Shouldn't you get ready?" Sky asked me.

"Oh yeah. I'll see you after the game." I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead and walked into the locker room.

The team seemed to have stopped getting dressed and were talking with Bombay.

"But we already have a full roster." Bombay was saying.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Bombay turned to me and he looked sad. "I'm sorry Adam, I wasn't thinking. We already have a full roster."

"Are you saying that I can't play?" I asked devastated.

"I'm sorry but with Russ, it's full."

I heard movement and turned to see Russ starting to take off his jersey. But Charlie stopped him.

"He can have my spot." Charlie said.

"Charlie..." I trailed off.

He walked up to where Bombay and I were standing.

"I want to."

I placed my hand on his shoulder and pulled him into a hug.

"Thanks." I whispered.

Once we pulled away Bombay handed him a clipboard.

"Looks like you're coaching alongside with me."

The team cheered. We continued to get dressed and made our way onto the ice for warm up. I spotted Team Canada in the crowd and they waved, so I waved back.

Warm up time was over and the game began.

~~~
4-1.