17.Him

Shreya's POV-
"I l-like you...."

I stopped. I Went blank. Completely.
I didn't know what to say. I couldn't even think. I sighed and released the breath which I was holding sub- consciously but still I was silent.

"Shreya ? Are you okay?" He asked.

"Huh?" I replied. Still not recovering from the mini heart attack he gave me from his confession.

"I said I like you." He said again and I swear I found it hard to control myself to just run and hug him. But I did.

"Yeah, I like you too, you're a good friend." I said in response aiming to handle it calmly.

"No, shreya not like that," he held my hand," I like you in other way as a man."

I know it's an attraction. It can't be his true feelings. I was on the verge of breaking. Do I accept him ? I should. My heart was screaming 'say yes'. But I know I couldn't. I am just a coward that's what I am. He is a great actor and I am nothing. Just nothing. I am so sorry but Jong suk it's not you, but me.

I've had this amazing thing from my childhood which would make me question my social status. Introvert or extrovert. Sometimes I was an introvert just loving to lay down and read books all day. Sometimes I was an extrovert who would speak to anyone on the streets without having fear or social awkwardness.

Sometimes I felt like people approached me for a reason. Like because of my good qualities people loved to approach me. Not for the real me who is still confused with her life. Who is still struggling between 'what should I do in future' and ' What will happen tommorow'. I came across only a few people who wanted me to be just me around them. Viraj, Anushka, Woo Bin hyung to be some of them other than my family.

I think he is just like those people. I'm not sure but I've this kind of hesitation boiling inside now. I have seen his dramas and the kind of actor he is. No matter how much I like him I can't ruin him just for my liking

"Jong suk I don't think we have time for that. You should go now or you'll really miss the flight. I am sorry but I can't accept it."

He was sad. I sensed tears in his eyes. I blinked my tears back. " Oh, I almost forgot let's take a selfie in my cell. I pulled out my phone. "S-smile" my voice cracked. He managed to smile but his eyes said everything.

"Done. Come, I'll drop you off by the gate." He nodded and we walked upto the gate. The cab was still there with the cab driver waiting for him.

"Bye Jong suk, it was nice meeting you,"I said my voice cracking.

"Hope we will meet again." He said.

Our eyes met for the last time and they exchanged thousands of emotions. Then he went, sat in his cab and I waved at the cab until it disappeared on the road.

I ran fast upto my bike and started it. I don't know how I reached home. I just remember the wind covering my entire face and taking my tears. The more fast I went the earlier they disappeared in to the air.

I reached home and greeted my parents with a smile.

"Shreya, today that Jong suk was going to Korea right ?" My father asked.

"Yes. He came to the office to say bye and w-went." I stuttered. "I'll freshen up and come, don't wait for me." I said and marched up straight towards my room.

I saw soham looking at me like he knew what was wrong. I went in my room, locked the door and collapsed on the floor crying. I just don't know why I couldn't handle it. I don't know why I did it when I had the chance to accept him.