21.Messages

Jong suk's POV-

"Kim Mi So ?"

She didn't speak anything, and looked downwards to hide her face which was already hidden.

She removed her hand from my grip and started walking fast.

I started to follow her. She was walking very fast and then she probably sensed me behind her because she started to run.

I ran behind her. Meanwhile my mind started to think, 'what if she isn't her and running because she thinks I am a stalker ?'

'But then she could have responded when I called out her name.' My mind contradicted again.

But I was determined to find her. To ask her the reason of this sudden absence. To ask why is she doing this.

So I caught a hold on to her again.

"Leave me please, he'll kill you if you don't." She begged once I held her.

I looked around."Mi so-yah, there's nobody here, nobody's going to kill me."

I assured her and moved closer. She was looking at something behind me. And she clutched her head and started blabbering,

"No, no he'll kill me, they'll kill me, I should go, I should run."

I shook her by grabbing both of her shoulders,"Mi so there's no one here, come to your senses."

And then she saw me once clearly and hugged me very tight. That hug, I realized that I missed it. A tear escaped through my eyes watching her stuck up in this situation.

She looked up again. I brought my hand over her cheeks and wiped her tears,"Calm down, everything will be alright." I whispered.

She felt relieved and again hugged me, I patted her back softly.

I told her to sit on a bench until I bring something for her to drink.

When I came back, She was gone.I saw a letter. I read it. And quickly started running in random directions calling her.

"Mi So, Kim Mi So, where are you !!"
My voice became soft and cracked as I called her name.

I asked a man who looked like he had a south Asian origin, "Have you seen Mi So ?" In english.

He nodded his head and walked straightaway.

I even asked some other people but she was nowhere to be seen. I returned to the same bench expecting her to be there and laugh at me saying it was a prank. But no one was there.

I pulled out the letter and read it again,

Jong suk-ah,
               Are you living well ? I am sorry I left in such a hurry without being able to talk to you about what happened, why did I do this? I don't even know. I think I didn't have the courage to face you after what happened between us. But I think I should not leave you clueless like this.
I am writing this to tell you that we're breaking up. The reason being for this is me, it's always been me, it's not you. I am such a fool for doing this. Hurting your feelings. But please know that I am not happy too. I loved you,I truly did. But it's all in the past. And please don't tell anyone about today, I beg of you. I don't think I will be able to maintain a contact with you but I will promise that if we ever come face to face we do not have to talk awkwardly. At least I will not, please keep this promise from your side too. I don't want to end us, our relationship on a bad note. Also I would like to cherish our memories that we made during the period we were together.  Please be happy and live well. Thank you for the reassuring hug, I will forever be grateful for the things you have done for me...