23.Unknown Number

Warning : Mild trigger. Suicide.
..........................................................
Jong suk's POV-
He looked disturbed. Director Nam was not well. He had some kind of tension.

We shot the scenes today and everyone greeted each other and left.

While I was in the car I was just looking for the photos in my phone and I stumbled upon one. It was a selfie with her. We took it at the night when I was leaving India.

It suddenly reminded me of all those moments that we share together. Like her bike rides, her snapping at me, her beautiful smile, everything about her.

And the feelings of warmth washed over me again. I remembered the memories our last meet but I held it in.

But its not the time to grieve now.

If its fate then I'll get to meet her again.

I consoled myself.

After few weeks

Shreya's POV-
"Shreya, sir is asking for you."

I heard Viraj and I nodded at him and went.

A long time passed since then, enough to make me forget the memories. But I still didn't.

Even if it seems like I have, somewhere in the back of my mind they're there. Reminding me of him everytime.

"Yes Sir, did you call me ?"

"Oh Shreya, yes, come. Actually I want these write-ups to be edited in two days and it's urgent."

I looked at the two files on the table amd picked them up.

"Okay, I will complete them."
I said and returned back to my desk.

I was caught up in a daze staring in nothingness when a moving hand caught my gaze.

"Are you all right ? Are you feeling unwell ?" Anushka asked.

"No it's nothing."

"Really ? Because you don't seem kind of your usual self, lately."

I was surprised, was it that obvious ?
I ended up uttering the latter part aloud.

"Yes." She said.

"It must be because Woo Bin hyung is not here." I said. She knew how I was fond of him and he was fond of me too. And I was really missing him.

She just nodded and resumed back to her work.

Jong suk's POV-
There was a press conference held for the drama, which would be happening after the shooting is completed.

Director Nam was back but now assistant director Kim Jung Won was nowhere to be seen.

I found it slightly confusing, it was as if they were taking turns one by one and they were hiding something.

Normally, I would not pay any attention to these things but I don't know why I was now and it was bothering me. Even Woo Bin -ssi was acting strange.

I talked with Hae In about this, but as expected he told me to never mind it and concentrate on my work. I suspected that Yoo In Na-ssi who was working opposite me as the female lead noticed this but she never showed it.

Contrary to this, the shoot was going extremely well.

Amidst then I heard a news which I never thought would hear.

Kim Mi So did suicide.

I woke up that day. Feeling restless because of no reason. There was no shoot for me that day so I woke up late in the morning.

At about 1 pm in the afternoon I switched on the TV and went in the kitchen to get my lunch.

As I was bringing my plate I heard the reporter say,

"We are informed that the actress Kim Mi So has reportedly committed suicide."

..Suicide

..mitted suicide

The words were ringing in my ears repeatedly.

..s committed suicide.

Kim Mi So has committed suicide.

Kim Mi So.
The person which I felt for very dearly. I was shaken off from my daze by a breaking noise. I looked down and realised that I dropped the plate in my hands.

I quickly went to my room and grabbed my phone, full with messages of my celebrity friends, notifications from SNS and much more.

I checked, and checked again to find the answers to what, why, when and many such questions in my mind, I grabbed the nearest support and sat down on my bed.

I took a deep breath. Keeping myself calm.

Suicide. Kim Mi So.

I looked up at the ceiling and stayed in that position until a call came and I realised that it was an hour.

An hour of me just thinking about us, about her. Where things went wrong. What could have happened ? What kind of situations did she face to come up with such a grave decision ?

I looked at who was calling, it was an unknown number. I picked up.

"Hello, Jong suk ?"
I heard a familiar male voice. Before answering, I decided to confirm first.

"Director Nam ?"

"Yes. Its me. I think by now you have probably heard the news. About the s-suic--"

"About the suicide. Yes." I realised that it was hard for him to speak of suicide in front of me because of who it was about. But I braced myself. Because this was not the time to grieve. I had to know what happened. I don't think Kim Mi So was a woman who would do such a thing just because she faced a problem.

"Director Nam. Do you know how did it happen ? What was the cause ? Was there any letter or-"

"Jong suk please calm down." He interrupted me. I listened.

"I don't know what happened or what caused it. They're looking into it. But that aside, will you be okay for the shoot tomorrow ? Its your last day and we have to shoot some important scenes or you could rest. "

"Its okay, I'll come." I answered. Though I was not sure if I would be but it was last day and I didn't want to cause any more trouble to him.

Director Nam knew Mi So as he directed her debut film, her brother was also working under him. So they were good acquaintances. I understand he must be in a panic as well.

"Very well." He said. The stability in his voice returning.

"Director Nam, please take care you yourself too." I told him to which thanked me and ended the call.

Again I took a deep breath and opened my eyes.

Suicide.

The word repeating in my mind. I went back to the living room and switched on the TV, every news channel was reporting the same news.

Just then the reporter said, " Her family rejects to answer any kind of questions. Still the police are looking into this matter. "

I was surfing through the channels until something clicked and a question popped in my mind,

"Why did Director Nam call me from an unknown number ?"

........................................................................
I AM BACK ! YES ITS ME. AFTER SOO LOOOOOOONNNGGG.
I just started this story back then without any thought of how to develop it. First I was thinking to show a plain romance story but then I got interested in mystery and thriller genres.
At one point I even considered deleting this story but then I thought why not complete it first. Never leave anything half-assed. 😂
So yes I shall continue this story and end this, ofcourse Jong suk and Shreya will meet. But amidst LOTS OF DRAMAA !
Also please STAY SAFE and let's battle this pandemic together.
So vote and comment ! And stay tuned for the next chapter !