•Epilogue•

9 years later...
Jungkook POV

~~~

It's been at least ten years since I've last seen or talked to Taehyung. I'm not too sure how he's even doing.

I finally got the courage to get out of my house three years ago. It took all my blood, sweat and tears to gather the same confidence that I had before the whole incident with Taehyung, but I'm on a safe road to recovery.

Along with getting out the courage to go out, I finally got a job as a software development manager and it's one of the best and most frustrating jobs on the planet. I was surprised they even accepted me due to my 'backstory' but they said if anyone has a potential of making their business a success, they'll hire them no matter what.

"Hey Lisa..." I sighed twirling around on my spinning chair to face my co-worker Lisa.

"Hey Kook! What's up?! Oh Jungkook did you hear that we're getting a new co-worker tomorrow?!" She said happily.

"Oh really? I didn't know" I said trying to think back to the last person who went on an interview with my boss.

"Mmhm! I'm super excited to see who it is!" She smiled.

I smiled back.

The work day was long, we didn't really do anything special today, it was a very normal day.

"Bye Kook, see ya tomorrow!" She smiled and waved. "Haha yes! Bye Lisa!" I waved back.

"Hey Jungkook!" My boss Rosé called out.

"Oh hey Rosé! What's up?" I asked.

She gasped for air as she stood up professionally again, "We have a new co-worker joining us tomorrow. He has a criminal record but I still accepted him because he has the intelligence and manners to do this work. I want you to follow him around tomorrow to make sure he's not going to fool around with anyone or anything in my office. Do you think you can watch him for me tomorrow, Jungkook?" She asked.

"Uh...sure no problem!" I said scratching the back of my head.

"Great. Thank you Jungkook. Please be at work early tomorrow" She nodded as she grabbed her bags and headed to her car.

I hopped into my car and sighed. "More work for me to do...". The depression was crawling back into my head.

I felt a wave of sadness rushed over me. Every day I miss him more. Taehyung. I have no idea how he's doing, what he's doing, is he's even alive, is he's even ok!? Nothing. I don't know anything. But maybe it's better that way.

I sighed and whispered to myself.

"Please let me see Taehyung again...please..." I whispered sadly. I wished this all the time...but my wish never came true.

~~~

Beep Beep Beep

I gasped for air as I smashed my alarm clock. That fucking alarm always scares the shit out of me.

I groaned as I uncovered myself, letting the cold, crisp air hit my warm skin. It was the absolute worst feeling.

I took a quick shower and put on my suit. I wanted to look a little 'extra professional' today so I could impress the newcomer.

"I hope he's a good person"

~~~

I entered the office building. I've never been this early before.

I was surprised to see Lisa and some of my other fellow co-workers in the building at this hour.

"Hey Jungkook! I heard you have to introduce this new person to everyone" She snickered.

I sighed, "Sadly, yes...but it should be no big deal! As long as he's not an asshole"

Lisa laughed, "Ha! Alright Kookie! Good luck today!" She smiled giving me a reassuring pat on the back.

I smiled and headed towards my office desk. I couldn't really do anything until this 'new person' arrived.

I sat and thought about my life. I've come a hella long way. From being a victim of abuse to working in a huge business company. I can't help but be proud of myself. Yes I'm still not 100% content with my life yet. Yes I still have a few obstacles to go through, but overall I'm feeling better again.

My thoughts were disturbed when the office suddenly became loud.

"Hello everyone, meet our new worker Kim Taehyung"

"Oh my fucking goodness" I said in shock, my mouth hung wide open.

And there he was, the love of my entire fucking life standing right in front of me. He was looking happier and healthier than ever. He was wearing a blue suit and had blonde hair now. Holy fuck.

"Jeon Jungkook please show Taehyung around" Rosé said with a smirk plastered on her face as if she knew Taehyung was my 'boyfriend'.

I was too in shock to say anything so I walked up beside Taehyung as everyone else got back to work.

It was awkward between us two. My face felt hot and was probably pretty red.

That's when Taehyung decided to break the silence. "Hey baby...did you miss me?" He whispered in my ear which sent shivers up my spine.

"H-How did you-" I tried saying but he put his finger over my lips.

"I'm a changed man now. You don't have to be afraid of me anymore. Don't worry...I got released out of jail for being a 'good inmate'. Listen bub, I'm really sorry that I hurt you...but can we start over again? Please? I'll treat you right, I won't ever hurt you again...so baby please...I'm sorry...can we start over?" He smiled.

I was in shock, my eyes filling with tears as I nodded anxiously.

"Yes I'd love that" I smiled.

He smirked and grabbed me by my wrist and dragged me into the men's bathroom.

He locked the door as we entered.

"Uh...Taehyung-" He interrupted me by kissing me. It felt so nice to be in his warmth again, just like how it used to be. I felt safe with him again.

He grabbed my waist and pulled me in closer. It felt magical.

"I'm so happy to be with you again" He whispered.

He pinned me against the wall and kissed me harder.

"I love you too" I managed to say kissing him back.

By the sound of his belt unbuckling, I knew things were only just getting started.

A brand new happy beginning

"We're going to get fired for doing this"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~