(Prologue) New Life

Frisk did it. She was losing hope but she had finally defeated Asgore. After all of that hard work, she had succeeded. Frisk tried so many times that she was actually losing count of how many times she died to get to that point. She was exhausted, but yet so proud and content. Though she wouldn't be able to fight after that fight; her HP was low and she only had 1 item left: The snowman piece which was not on her list to eat.

Frisk looked at Asgore and it didn't feel right. He was trying to get up but was too hurt to move. He wasn't on the edge of dying, but he was wounded. This wasn't her. She would never kill someone. At least she wouldn't after her last run.

Suddenly, there was a bright yellow light in front of her. She was happy to find buttons. But mainly, she was ecstatic about what was written on them. It said: MERCY and FIGHT.

Immediately and without hesitation, Frisk pressed the MERCY button. It glowed brighter and the other button disappeared. In this run, she never had any intentions of using the FIGHT button to kill anybody. But, from what she presumed was because of her last run, the FIGHT button had cracked slightly from the button not being used correctly (being forced to use it against her will).

"Human," Asgore spoke, trying his best to look up at you. "thank you. I promise you... For as long as you remain here, my wife and I will take care of you as best as we can." He started to imagine how it would be to have a child living with them again after the tragedy of their kids. "We can sit in the living room, telling stories. Eating butterscotch pie." He went on. "We could be like... Like a family. Would you like that?" Frisk hugged him, saying yes to his question. He smiled, almost making him cry from happiness.

They stayed in silence for a while, taking in the moment. Then, all of a sudden, everybody came through the door behind her, only to stop when they see them hugging. Their worried faces and, for some, angry faces turned into expressionless and speechless faces. They were surprised by how she did it. Every other human died at his hands, but Frisk didn't. She was something special.

When Asgore turned around to see them, they let go of their warm, furry hug. Frisk looked at Toriel, only to see her disappointed face pointed at Asgore. Even though Frisk just met Asgore, she somehow felt worried and concerned about him.

Toriel was frantic because of what Asgore 'could' have done to Frisk. She could have died and so Toriel went through the whole underground to get there; to not let another child die again. Asgore noticed her staring and walked sheepishly towards Toriel. He was half expecting her to slap him or scream at him, but instead, she just healed him.

Shortly after, everyone came running after Frisk to give her a hug. First Papyrus, then Undyne and then... Everybody else. They all seemed happy to see her, even though most of them tried to kill her before. She felt content anyway. Knowing that they all liked her even though what she did to them in the past was comforting.

However, there was only one person who didn't seem to be there. Sans wasn't there. She looked around just to see him leaning by the door. He wasn't mad like in the last run. He was smiling. A real smile. He nodded at her almost saying that she did a good job. She smiled back trying to say that she was sorry for what she has done; this is the most she could do to repay them all.

This run though, out of all the other ones, was different. Frisk had done every single thing she could have done with everybody. She had gone to Grillby's with Sans, she had gone on a date with Papyrus (which wasn't really a date, just some friend hang-out time) and even put all those 30 hotdogs on top on her head. But yet, everyone only appeared when the battle was over and when she touched the MERCY button. She thought it would be a bit different. She also hoped that she could save Flowey or at least see him. But he didn't appear. She tried to find him while looking for sans. But Frisk swears that she saw his yellow petals. But why wasn't he here? Was it because of what happened in the last RESET?

She didn't think too deeply into it. If she wanted to talk to him she would. However, after that, there would be a lot of things to do like actually move in with her new 'parents' into her new 'house'. That would take a while.

But that is how Frisk's life changed. Asgore, the king of all monsters, had been defeated and now, he is looking at her as part of the family. But like every story, there has to be a problem somewhere. A problem so big and deadly that Frisk couldn't deal with. Not even put away and forget about it like she did with her other RESETs.