30

Peter wasn't breathing. Bucky looked around frantically to think of what to do. Think, think, think Bucky, think!! He quickly searched for a heartbeat and let out a sigh of relief when he found one, faint, but still there. He quickly picked him up and ran out of the room.

"FRIDAY, tell Dr.Cho to set up the medbay and tell Bruce and Tony to meet me there. Loki too!" he yelled, running to the elevator. FRIDAY just assumed he wanted to go to the medical ward so she took him there without Bucky having to say a word.

When he rushed out of the elevator he was met with a worried Tony. "What happened? Is everything okay?" Bucky shakes his head and places Peter on the bed.

He looked up at Bruce. "He's not breathing." both Tony's and Bruces eyes widen and Bruce quickly looks for a pulse, and when he finds one he placed an oxygen mask on the kid and begun to do cpr. Dr.Cho started monitoring his heartbeat.

"Come on, come on." Bruce muttered to himself, but the boy remained unresponsive, the only sound in the room the slow beeping of the heart monitor.

Tony was freaking out so Bucky had to take him outside, although he wasn't so much better himself, he had to keep calm. Loki was in the room with Peter, sitting down with his eyes closed.

Suddenly all that could be heard was a long beep, meaning Peter flatlined. Everything seemed like it was in slow motion as Bruce grabbed the defilibrillator and shouting out a "clear" as the electrified shock travelled through Peters body to try and restart the heart. A few seconds later another "clear" was heard and a sound of the shock. Loki left the room. Bruce tried one last time, shocking the kid, with the sound on the monitor changing. There was a heart beat. Bruce and Cho let out a sigh of relief, the air seeming much easier to breathe in now that the tension wasn't as high and Bruce checked if he was breathing. He was. He did a few checks and concluded that Peter was attacked and is currently passed out. They put him in a different medical bed and attached an IV on him. Bruce then left the room to deliver the news to the three waiting behind the door.

When Bruce walked out Tony immidiately perked up. "He's fine. Passed out, but fine. He should wake up sometime during the day." Tony stood up faster than Quicksilver and hugged Bruce, saying 'thank you' over and over again. Bruce patted him on the back and muttered a 'you're welcome' as Tony pulled away. Bucky and Loki both looked at Bruce hopefully and when he nodded, they were off to Peter's room in a flash.

469 words