DA, Attempt 1, Ch. 2

"Mom, I'm going out to explore!" I yelled, putting my boots on and grabbing a sweater.

"Okay, be careful! Don't go out too far just in case there's an aftershock." My mother warned, probably preoccupied with Kelan.

"I will!" I yelled before shutting the back door and heading into the crisp green forest.

My mom had told me our house wasn't far from the clearing she was found in, so I was going to look for it and retrace their steps.

"Who are you?" A female voice asked. I froze.

"A friend." A male replied. I peeked out from behind a tree, seeing a dark figure a few paces ahead of me. I gasped, realizing what was in front of me. The figure spun around, obviously hearing me. I turned to run away, but my sweater snagged on a branch, pulling me down.

"Who are you?" He asked me, pulling me up.

I had no idea what to say."Um.. I'm Hayden."

"Come over here." He told me, leading me to the clearing. This was definitely not part of the story. We both emerged from the shadows, and I saw a young version of my dad standing in front of me.

"Who is she? You didn't say you had someone with you." The female voice said warily, and I turned to see a young version of my mom pressing herself into Ganter.

"Her name is Hayden. I found her wandering in the woods. She is an old friend of mine." He lied easily.

"Okay, Hayden. What is his name?" Mom's younger version asked. My dad gave me a look.

"His name is Zenan." I sighed. My dad's younger version looked at me in surprise.

"Is that true?" Mom asked.

"Yeah. It is." Dad sighed.

"What's your name?" I asked my mom.

"Madlynn Sawyer." She stated. I didn't know she knew it at this point in time.

"Sawyer? Do you have a brother?" Dad asked. I should probably stop calling them my parents. They are probably my age, not possible to have kids yet. And anyways they just met.

"Yeah, but he went missing years ago." She frowned. I looked at her in shock. She shouldn't remember this much. Not yet.

"Come on. I need to take you to my friend's house." Dad, or Zenan, said, motioning to follow him.

"Let's go on the Darkling." I suggested."It will go faster."

"Right." Zenan said coming back to us. I turned, jumping onto Ganter's back with ease. Zenan showed Madlynn how to get on, before climbing on himself.

"You should name him." I suggested to Madlynn.

"How about Grey Beast?" She asked.

"In the Dead Language that would be Kelan Ganter." I supplied.

"Ganter... I like it." She smiled. I could feel Zenan's eyes on me.

"You shouldn't know that. The language is dead. No one knows it."

"Trainer, I learned from the best. And anyways, you know it." I pointed out. My father had taught me everything I know.

"Hayden, I'll need to talk to you privately when we land." He told me, using a voice my father used when he was upset. Suddenly there was a zing as an arrow zoomed past us. I recognized it as poison. One like both of my parents had been shot with.

"Nightlings! Get down!" Zenan ordered. Zenan leaned over Madlynn to protect her, though I knew that he knew that it would probably kill him if he got shot. It did kill him. He didn't know what it would do to humans though. And I had no idea what it would do to me.

"No!" I shouted leaning in front of them, blocking an arrow from them, but it stabbed me in the stomach.

"Hayden!" Madlynn yelped, not knowing what these arrows were made of.

"I'm not full blooded." I choked out in pain.

"You look Parentian." Zenan said, confused.

"I'm half human." I coughed, my vision clouding."I don't know what it will do to me."

"You should have let it hit me!" Zenan exclaimed, upset.

"It would have killed you instantly. At least I have a chance." I gasped, vision going completely black.

~*~*~

"She's waking up!" I heard mom yell to someone.

"Mom?" I asked quietly, I tried to open my eyes, but I was in too much pain to focus enough.

"No, its Madlynn. Do you remember anything?" She told me and the memories came flooding back. I had slipped up.

"Sorry. You sound like her." I covered up my mistake.

"That's fine." She laughed awkwardly.

"Are you okay?" Zenan stepped in. I opened my eyes to see him and Savanah walking into the room I was. A much younger version of Savanah. 'Pretend you don't know her,' I told myself, 'she doesn't know you'

"I hurt a lot." I said truthfully, wincing. "Who's she?"

"I'm Savanah, a Fae. I may be able to help you." She gave me a small smile. The Savanah I knew would do as much as she could, so I had faith in this version of her.

"Okay Savanah, I'm Hayden. Though I'm sure you know everything about me." I played along.

"You are half Parenthian, half human, correct?

"Yeah." I sighed, seeing Zenan eyeing me in the corner. I needed to talk to him, though I'm not sure what I would say to him. "It's a long story."

"I don't know how it will affect you since you are half human. Apparently it won't kill you immediately since you are still here."

"It paralyzes humans." I stated through gritted teeth.

"How would you know that?" Savanah asked in surprise.

"My mom." I blurted. I had no idea how I was going to explain everything to them, or even what I was going to tell them.

Zenan was about to say something, but Savanah interrupted. "Let's save story time until after we get you better okay?"

"Right." Zenan sighed.

"I'm going to give you a potion to dull the pain so we can see what's up." Savanah told me before getting up and leaving the room.