DC, Attempt Four, Ch. 2

II: There Was a Boy and a Girl...

"I won't hurt you." I felt his hot breath in my left ear. He spun me around to face him, keeping a firm hold around my waist.

My breath hitched in my throat as I took in his appearance, his pure black eyes sending a wave of fear up my spine. I screamed, the sound muffled from his hand covering my mouth, and would have fallen back if he didn't have a hold on me.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He told me again, leaning forward just enough so that his dark hair fell over his eyes. His eyes darted nervously between mine, and something hanging at his waist.

I followed his gaze, noticing the steel blade that was fastened in its sheath. I didn't waste my time formulating a plan; grab the sword, and get some answers.

In one swift movement, I pulled the sword out of its sheath, pushed him away from me, and took a few steps backwards, unfortunately towards the clifside.

"La re yn vei." He cursed, his chest heaving in frustration as I raised the sword at him.

"I need some answers." I demanded. "Where am I, and how did I get here?"

"We're in Eclarth, Parenthia," He sighed, confirming my suspicions about no longer being on Earth. I could feel my heart beginning to race, and my breathing quicken with both fear and excitement. "And you were brought here."

"Take me back home. Back to Earth."

"It's not that easy," he started, taking a step towards me. "If you could just come with-"

"I don't know who you are, let alone what you are, I just want you to take me home." My voice was wavering at the end, and I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up my facade up forever. It would be only a matter of time before I broke down. He sighed, closing his eyes and running a hand through his hair.

"Zenan." He said quietly, finally looking up at me again. I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "My name's Zenan. I'm parenthian."