Chapter 2-A New Feeling

Lifeless, empty, that’s how I felt; or rather I felt nothing at all. My body fell, my blood splattered all over the family rug. Kaiju and Deiju couldn’t react, they just kneeled there in pure shock, but the bearded man said to them, “don’t worry, he’ll be alright it’s just a matter of time,” but Kaiju and Deiju probably didn’t hear that, because death was staring them in the eye. “Ok guys these two don’t seem good enough to kill so let’s go eat some lunch, how bout’ some ramen huh?” the bearded man said as they all left and closed the door. Family dismemberment, having to watch as all your family members are murdered in front of your eyes, but Kaiju and Deiju didn’t know what to feel at the time. But there was no doubt, I was about to die, the bullet didn’t go all the way through my skull, but I was slipping away. My death was imminent, my dream was over, I wasted the five years of my life enjoying false and artificial happiness while not knowing the hell of the outside world. But I grasped on the false hope that remained inside me for a second chance on life, even though I gave up inside. The happy go lucky boy was destroyed, never to be seen again. But, something miraculous happened; Kaiju and Deiju noticed something, my body moved, “S….Seiju?” Deiju said in his faint voice. “He’s……he’s mo…moving,” Kaiju said as somehow I kneeled up, without a bullet hole in my head. “Seiju……Seiju, SEIJU!” they both shouted as they grabbed my body and hugged me tightly. They didn’t think or wonder on how I was alive, out of this disaster this was the only sign of fortune. I opened my eyes, but all I saw was black, I felt despair. I pushed my brothers of and stood, “Why were they so useless…” I said, “WHY COULDN’T THEY EVEN PROTECT THEMSELVES, YOU USELESS PEOPLE. You couldn’t even protect your children, mother, father, why were you so useless.” I continued, my brothers were confused even during our current situation, “what do you mean Seiju, do you even realize what happened here?!” Kaiju stated, “I do, I now know what this world truly is (looks at the remains of his parents).” I wondered how am I alive? But most importantly who were those men, and what did they do to me. I didn’t feel any different, except my head felt heavy. “This situation is already bad enough, im calling the police even though they won’t help at all,” I said as Kaiju and Deiju began to sob, it made me sick. Crying over spilt milk is pointless, it’s not like we needed our parents anyway, they just fed us and clothed us and that’s all they were good for,” I said as they Deiju stopped crying and stared at me, “what happened to you,” he said and I replied, “I got a reality check, you’re never too young to notice life’s monstrosities. At this I went to the phone and called the police, they arrived 15 minutes later. My parents’ bodies were inspected and my brothers and I were questioned. They believed everything except me being shot, they just couldn’t understand that. But it’s true, it’s scientifically impossible for someone to be able to heal wounds so quickly, it was inhuman, but as long as I was alive that’s all they cared about. They began to investigate this random murder case as my brothers and I were moved to a nursing home were we were adopted by a young couple, Ibori and Akasaki Nagisawa. They were kind people, but I bet they were cold on the inside. This whole event changed me, I’m more than happy to be alive, but this made me come to full realization of how this world really operates. But no dream ever lasts forever, and my Nightmare…would forever continue.