Big Brothers

Odell POV-

"Nigga my chest feel like its about to cave in, I'm so fucking scared." Dontae was next to me sweating bullets as we pulled up to Parkway Gardens, the housing complex Avi's brother Marshawn lived.

Parkway, pictured below was known for its heavy crime and violence.

"And you had the nerve to drive the Maserati. Nigga we finna get robbed." He threw his hands up in defeat. "Shit we should've rented a damn Buick or some shit."

We heard a loud sound.

"What's, what's that?" He said nervously looking around.

"The garbage man idiot." We spotted the garbage truck picking up trash.

"Whew." He wiped imaginary sweat from his brow. "I thought they was shooting."

Some dudes came out the complex.

"If they shoot, tell em I'm already dead." Dontae laid lifelessly in the chair next to me.

They walked by not even paying us attention.

"Lets go." I tapped him.

"No nigga. I'm telling you if we go in, we not coming out." He pleaded. "And we sholl not gon have no car we come back out here."

I opened the door and got out.

He put on a whiny child's face and got out mad, reluctantly closing the door.

I followed the address Avi had given me and walked toward the building her brother lived.

Dontae walked slowly behind me, jumping at any thing that moved.

We finally arrived at the building. All the buzzers were broken. So I called his number to let him know we were down here.

He didn't pick up. I sent a text. We waited.

"If I die today, tell my mama I love her." Dontae fake cried.

"Would you stop?" I hit him upside his head.

"Ow." He rubbed his head.

I tried to call again. No answer.

"Maybe he ain't there and that's are cue to get the fuck out?" Dontae suggested looking around.

Just then the door opened and a woman, with long red hair, a leopard print tank and white jeans opened the door. She looked like something straight off Instagram.