Unfinished Business

Odell POV-

I woke up to the sound of Avi's voice calling my  name. I slowly opened my eyes to see she had a tray filled with all my favorite breakfast foods.

Even when we were in a relationship she never did things like this.

"I made you breakfast." She blushed as I sat up and she sat the tray on my lap.

"I wonder if I can add something to this menu." I said slyly as I fixed the tray on my lap.

She sat on the edge of the bed closest to me and looked at me.

"What is that?" She looked in my eyes with a serious expression.

"You." I stared at her, biting my lower lip.

It's very true during my time away from Avi I had my share of women. Beautiful women. Perfect bodies. Freaky sex games.

But being inside Avi was home. It was that feeling after being gone for months at a time, and all you want to do is go to sleep in your bed, under your covers. Avi gave me that feeling last night.

She softly grabbed my face and we began to kiss. "Maybe later. Gotta get Oak. I don't want her wondering where we are." She pecked my lips one last time. "Plus I don't want to owe Donte anymore money."

We laughed as she got up. She was already dressed. My phone rang.

East Side.

We both looked at it.

I still hadn't ended things with East Side aka Malaysia . Things between me and Avielle were happening so fast, I didn't really get a chance to. But I know I had to. The longer I left things open, the more trouble that would mean for me and Avi.

"I'm going to handle it." I looked at Avi seriously.

She just shook her head okay. "I trust you."

"Love you." I said.

"Love you more." She let out a smile, got her things and walked out the door.

I redialed East Side back.

"This what we do O? Damn near a week without hearing from you? I've never been the type of bitch that stress you, ever! But don't ever think its cool to disrespect me like that. Especially when you was the one sweating me." She yelled into the phone.

I sighed and scratched my head in frustration.

"And now you fucking mute?"

"Malaysia I'm sorry, and I'm going to come see you so we can talk."

"You think I'm stupid O?"

"No what are you talking about?"

"You with your baby mama ain't you?"

I sighed.

"You know what, save a fucking trip. When she screw your ass over again, don't look for me to be there." She hung up.

I shook my head. I hated hurting her, but I knew Avi was where my heart was. And I had to follow it. I had to. Maybe one day we might get to a place of reconciling but today wasn't that day. Avi is who I loved and wanted to be with, and nothing was going to change that.

Avi POV-

"Uh lets see she cried all night, ate all my damn food, farted in her sleep and she ugly, and I charge extra for lil ugly kids. That's gon be a half a mill." Donte held his hand out waiting for me to put money in it.

"Put yo hand down." Oak hit it and laughed.

"Plus she physically abusive. That's a surcharge. You up to a millie now."

I ignored him. "How was it staying with Uncle Donte for the night?" I sat her on my lap and put her shoes on.

"Fun." She said excited. "We watched Lion King and Uncle Donte cried like a baby."

"Is that right?" I laughed.

"Shut yo self up and stop telling my business Tweety." Donte said pouring some cereal.

"Uncle Donte me yo bestfriend?"

"No you not Tweety. My friends don't have big heads." He said pouring milk in his cereal.

"My head ain't big yours is big." She yelled.

"Hey." I looked at her like girl calm down.

"So Avi..." Donte said smacking. "You got your back cracked last night?"

I gave him a stale faced.

He laughed.

"Anyway, thank you for watching Oak. I appreciate it. I will quick pay you some money."

"Aww you ain't have to do that. But Cash App and Venmo me while you at it."

"Good bye fool. Say bye to Uncle Donte." I told Oak.

"Bye Uncle Donte." She ran up to him and hugged him.

"Bye Tweety." He patted her head.

I shook her head and we walked out.

"Mommy?" Oak asked as I put her in her car seat.

"Where is Uncle Shawn, I miss him." She said referring to my brother Marshawn who was gunned down.

I felt a lump in my throat. Being with O had eased my pain a bit. Her asking about him, made everything resurfaced.

"He went on a long trip baby."

"When he be back?" She looked at me.

"I don't know baby. I don't know." I kissed her forehead and closed her door, then got in the driver's seat.

I wiped the tears forming in my eyes away and drove off.

If you're a reader of mine who used to read Leap of Faith, I updated and also working on an Alsina Boy's update! Trying to make my way through all my work for y'all. ❤️