Miserable

Avielle POV-

Dontae was watching Oak while O helped me move into my new apartment.

It had been two days since the kiss. We had spent the pass two days awkwardly avoiding each other and acting like it didn't happen.

He hadn't brought up. Thank God. And I was definitely not going to bring it up.

I don't know what was going on with me. That dream I had about him, mixed with the fact we were having a deja vu moment with things that happened in my dream, just caused me to react impulsively without thinking.

I was over Odell. We had Oak. But the relationship part of it all, I was over. Or so I told myself. I was just interested in us co-parenting and me focusing on fostering whatever was going on between me and Drake.

"Where you want me to put this?" O entered my new apartment with  the second to last box we had.

"Over there." I pointed to a corner. "Thank God this place came furnished. I don't have to worry about big furniture." I said sorting some of Oak's things.

I heard the door close. I looked back.

"How long are we gonna act like nothing happened?" Odell said leaning against the door.

"What do you mean?" I said busying myself with Oak's things turning to not look at him.

I heard him chuckle. "So you really gon' play that game?"

I sighed and rolled my eyes. My back turned to him. "It was mistake. I don't know what made me do that."

"It didn't come out of nowhere." He said still on the door.

"Can we not talk about this? You've moved on. And so have I."

"No, we're gonna talk about it. Because I know you Avi. You aren't some die hard romantic. We were together two years before you ran off. And not once, once did you ever initiate a kiss with me. Not in sex. Not even a simple hey how you doing baby. Muah." He made a kiss sound. "Never. You don't act on emotions unless you feel something."

"Well I don't O. Okay." I stood up and turned to look at him. "I don't. I have genuinely and truly moved on."

"Really?" He said with a sly grin.

"Yes." I folded my arms.

"That's funny." He went to a box he brought in.

I knew exactly what it was. 🙄

He pulled out a shoebox, opened the top.

"A shoe box full of letters addressed to me you never sent." He looked through some of them.

"Why are you being so fucking nosey." I said getting angry.

I charged over and snatched the box. And went to put it up.

"Dear Odell. There are so many things I wish I could tell you, but my heart won't let me. I can't count the nights I have cried because you are not here with me. I love you with every piece of my soul, but because of my childhood I am just so..."

I snatched the letter from him.

"Get out!" I yelled.

"No." He said looking down at me.

"I'm not fucking playing. Get out Odell." I yelled again.

"No." He sat on the edge of the sofa.

"I'mma sit right here until you tell me everything that you feel. Everything that I been waiting three fucking years to hear, so I know what we had was something real, and you wasn't just using me to pass time until you found something better." He looked at me.