Family Portrait

AVI POV-

I had no idea of what a complete family looked like. I was raised by my abusive father until he went to prison. And from there my deceased brother Marshawn raised me. Shawn did a damn good job. But I can't say I never desired a "proper family."

I remember being younger going over a friend's house and seeing on top of her piano, a family portrait of her, her parents and her brother. They were all dressed in their Sunday's best, with big plastered smiles, holding each other together tight. And I remember wondering why I couldn't have a portrait like that with me and my family.

I distinctly remember closing my eyes and wondering what it would be like if I had the perfect family portrait. I'd have on a pretty dress, bows in my hair. Shawn sitting next to me in a nice suit. My parents behind us. Us all having plastered smiles. Ahhh that would be beautiful.

But it only lived in my mind, because it never happened. I didn't want that for Oak. I wanted her to be dressed in a beautiful dress, bows in her hair and to have a family portrait with her parents.

That's what we were doing today. I had a friend of mine Kay, who was a photographer for a local magazine do our portraits at her studio.

Oak was dressed in a beautiful puffy pink dress, she had her hair in plump high puff, tied by a white bow. I had on a pink tulle skirt, and white crop top. O had on a white dress shirt, and pink pants. We were white and pink perfection for this shoot. It might as well have been Easter.

Kay had it where I was sitting, with Oak on my lap, and O behind us.

I felt O in my hair trying to fix it. "Making sure you don't look crazy before she snap."

I swatted his hand away and he laughed. Oak did too. I shook my head and smiled as we looked into the camera.

"Everybody smile and say cheese." Kay urged us to.

Oak let out a big "Cheeeseeeeeeeee..." as we all looked at the lens and smiled.

Kay got a good number of pics with us all together, and then got separate photos with just me and Oak. The. She did some with O and Oak. My heart swelled with pride seeing them take pictures together.

"Avi you want some with just you and O?" She asked.

It caught me off guard, O looked at me, waiting for me to take the lead.

"I would love to. What do you think baby?" I looked at O.

He raised his brow. I don't think he ever in the history of us being together heard me call him baby.

"If that's what you want I'm down." He gave me a mix between a slight smile and blush.

Kay directed me to go over to him. We set Oak in a chair and occupied her with playing games on her IPAD Odell bought her.

"How about we do one with you standing behind her Odell, putting your arms around her and Avi you grabbing his arms.

Odell stood behind and put his arms around me, slyly squeezing my breast when Kay was checking her camera and not looking. I hit his hands, he laughed and kissed my cheek.

"Alright, we're gonna do a couple like this then change poses." We did a couple in this stance. Some us looking at each other, others looking at the camera straight on.

She took some with me sitting on his lap, then a playful one with me on his back. I couldn't help but want to feel his feeling of completeness with Avi and O forever.

We thanked Kay for doing the shoot, she said she would send us a link with the pictures later.

We decided to get something to eat afterward. We stopped in this soul food restaurant and sat down to enjoy a meal together.

Oak was stuck between eating and watching cartoons on her IPAD.

O looked at me as we ate. He smirked. "Now if I heard you correctly, at the shoot you called me baby."

"What about it?" I played dumb.

"You ain't ever called me baby outloud." The smirk did not leave his face.

"Well you're my baby and I'm going to say it out loud from now on. Get used to it."

"I prefer daddy." He retorted."

"Not happening."

He laughed. "Baby steps."

He smile faded and he looked at me with an intense glare. "Today was all I ever wanted. I'm a simple man. I don't want or need a lot. But more days like today, I want more and need more of that."

"And I want to give you more of that. I realize its something I want and need to." I smiled at him.

He smirked and winked at me. I knew that meant we were on the right track.

————-

Yall I know it wasnt a super long update, but I promise to add another chapter soon. I thank yall for not giving up on this story. Ive been super busy which took me away from the stories, but trying to make some updates.

Also- if you're a reader of my Alsina Boys story I updated that too.

Appreciate yall for rocking, love yall. ❤️❤️