Sick of Running

Avielle POV-

"You nervous?" O asked me as we walked across the lot to the therapist office.

"Yeah." I sighed.

I wanted Porsha to come with me, but one of her children had something she couldn't miss. Shawn was busy. But I told O I was going and he volunteered to go with me to be a support.

He held the door for me as I walked in her office.

"Can I help you?" Her receptionist asked.

"Yes I have an appointment with Dr. Lee."

"You're Avielle?" She asked me.

"Yes."

"Awesome. Well welcome first off. And just fill out this paperwork and she'll be right with you."

We sat down and I started filling out the paperwork.

It was just asking my basic information.

"Your handwriting still bad. Oak write better than that." O said sitting next to me looking all on my paper.

"Shut up idiot." I continued to fill out the paper work.

He chuckled.

"Would you go in with me?" I asked.

I knew it was a big ask, but I didn't want to do this first session alone.

"For a small fee yeah." He looked at me, with his arm on the chair rest.

"Why can't you do it for free?"

"Cause this is cornballs job. Not mine. Might of fact, where is he? Hm." He said being sarcastic.

"I didn't invite him. That's where he is."

"And you invited me because?"

"You were my last option." I said signing my name.

"Real funny."

"Avielle Lynch." A small black woman in a pants suit, who favored Jada Pinkett-Smith came from out back.

"Yes that's me. Can he come with me? Just for the first session."

She looked at O.

"Just the first session." She said. "Then you're gonna have to he an eagle and fly alone."

"Okay." I conjured a smile.

"Follow me. But first give your papers to Ester." I gave my papers to her assistant. Then we followed her back to her office.

It was a nice, quaint space. Filled with African art work and wall to wall books.

"Have a seat." She pointed to her couch.

Me and O sat. She surprisingly sat on the couch with us.

"I don't know if Porsha pre-warned you. But I'm  non-traditional in my methods. I don't like space between my clients and I. I like us to talk like friends." She put her legs up indian style and faced me and O.

I was sitting next to her. O was on the other-side of me.

"So I'd like to know who I'm talking to. You're Avielle and you are..." she looked at O.

"Odell."

"Odell right." She said. "And Odell what's your relationship to Avielle."

"Uh... we share a daughter."

"Its complicated."

She had a look on her face like she was thinking.

"Is it complicated or just co-parents?"