The Past

Odell POV-

"You tired already?" I asked East-Side as I held her feet as she finished her sit-ups.

"No the questions is..." She breathed. "Is you. 98. 99. 100." She finished her crunches and laid out on the mat tired, trying to catch her breath.

I stood up. "You look tired to me."

I snapped a selfie of myself.

East-Side came up behind me, to get in the pic

East-Side came up behind me, to get in the pic. But I had already snapped it.

"Dang." She smacked her lips. "Was trying to mess up your pic."

"My pics can never be messed up, because I look goodt." I added the T.

"Whatever." She laughed. "This is fine." She did a pose.

"Stay right there." I snapped a quick pic.

"You right

"You right. You fine. Fine." I came up behind her grabbing her waist and kissed her cheek.

She in return kissed my lips. Two weeks in and me and East-Side were doing really good.

"Is this a gym or a porno set?" I heard a familiar voice.

It was my friend Tre. I hadn't seen him since I kicked him out.

We stopped kissing, I smiled slightly and turned to him. East-Side grabbed my waist and held on to me. I wrapped my arms around her.

Tre smiled at me. "Just wanna say sorry for..."

"We good bro." I stopped him. "You were right. All along, you were right. I let that go. And this is Malaysia my new girlfriend."

Tre looked at her. "Brotha you did good for yourself."

We dapped and laughed.

"So y'all really gon' act like I'm invisible?" East-Side said.

"My bad baby." I kissed her. "Y'all chop it up, while I take a piss."

"Ugh you nasty." She said.

I laughed and went to the bathroom.

East-Side POV-

"Malaysia. Malaysia." Tre shook his head looking me up and down and leaned on the weight machine.

"If you say something Tre. I swear." I warned him.

Tre had known me for a while. I had done some things in my past I wasn't proud of but I had changed my life around ever since I got the job at the club. What I didn't know was that they were friends.

"Oh he didn't find you on 73rd and Greene huh?" Tre smirked.

"I don't do that no more. I work at Lucky's as a bottle girl. That's it."

He looked at me not buying it. "Oh so in other words you moved up from being a street hoe to a "escort"." He did air quotations.

"No. I only do bottles. My tips is enough to handle the rest. I told you I ain't got to do that no more."

"So if I offered you a stack right now, you wouldn't take it?" He folded his arms looking at me. "And a stack is pretty steep. I remember when you was working on Greene, I could get some neck from you for 40 dollars. You was good too. I can imagine you sucking me now. Good times." He closed his eyes.

I slapped his face. Hard.

"I did what I had to do at the time. But O sees my value beyond all of that. If you fuck it up I promise I will beat yo vienna sausage having dick ass."

"Yo. Y'all cool." O came back looking at me and Tre.

There was silence. Then Tre smirked.

"Yeah we good bro. Just was telling Malaysia, you found yourself a good woman."

I forced a smile.

"I believe that." He said then kissed my forehead. "Well we hit it hard. We gon' get up out of here."

"Aight." Tre said.

They dapped.

"Nice to meet you Malaysia." He put emphasis on my name and held out his hand.

I mustered a smile and shook his hand.

Then walked quickly out toward O's car.

"Damn speedy." He smiled catching up to me.

"Sorry." I half chuckled and he opened the door for me to get in, then closed it once I got in.

I saw him walk around to get in the driver's seat.

He was about to put the key in the ignition, but I softly put my hand on his to stop.

"What's wrong?" He looked at me.

"You can have any woman you want. Smart ones. Ones that make a lot of money. More classy. Whatever. Why me?" I looked in his eyes.

"You gorgeous for one. And two, regardless of all that, you bring good vibes into my life. I ain't had that in so long baby." He moved my hair out my face. "You like a light. And I just need to be around that. And of course as we get to know each other more, my reasons will get deeper. But for right now that's what it is. I feel good around you."

I blushed. He smiled.

"What if my past isn't perfect?" My blushing faded.

"I let my past go. You do the same." He looked in my eyes.

"Thank you baby. I needed to hear that." I leaned over and kissed him.

"Like you a lot." I said.

He chuckled. "Like you a lot too."

———

Did anybody read that article with Odell chef? Chile she said she gotta hide his vegetables in the food so he will it. I laughed so hard. He seemed like such a big kid.