I'm Sure

Avielle POV-

"Just take the picture Dontae." I tried to hand him my phone.

"Nope. Nope. I came to pick up my niece and leave. I'm not involved in y'all domestic drama." He said with Oak sitting on his lap on my couch.

Dontae was here to pick up Oak to stay with Odell for the night, while I went to the Drake concert. I didn't tell him that though.

"I'm not taking this picture for Odell. I'm taking it because I look good and I want to show off my outfit."

"Show off your outfit you're wearing to the Drake concert." D interrupted. "Don't leave that out."

"And?" I shrugged.

"The outfit in my opinion is inappropriate. Ain't that right Oak?" He looked at her.

"I think mommy looks pretty." Oak said.

"Thank you baby." I smiled and took a bow.

"You ain't supposed to say that." Dontae told her. "You supposed to say mommy your outfit sucks go throw on some jeans and a shirt."

"Why?" Oak asked confused.

"Cause your daddy wouldn't like it."

"Why?" Oak as confused.

"Girl I don't know just say its ugly." He told her with his head on his head like he had a headache.

"What is inappropriate about this outfit?" I looked down at my dress.

"Your iggle-bitties is out. I mean you ain't really got none. Your chest look like a 12 year old boy, but still its out." He chastised me like a kid.

I stale faced him. 

"Dontae just take the picture. Odell doesn't care. Trust me. He's too busy up under that badly built Bernice knock off."

"Hey don't knock East-Side now. She got a ass like Oh. And Titties like Whoa." He raised his hands in praise like he was in church.

"Put yo hand down." Oak told him.

"No offense to yo 12 year old boy chest."

"Dontae just take the picture."

"I said no. Cause you post a picture he's going to be asking me questions and I want to say I don't know and be telling the truth. I can't lie good. My eye start twitching." He twitched his eye.

Oak laughed. "Do that again?"

He did it again, she cracked up.

"What can I give you to take the picture?"

"500 hunnid."

"Boy bye."

"Aight 5 dollars."

"Fine." I handed him the phone.

"I'mma need an upfront payment before I can began any photography services."

I rolled my eyes looked in my purse on the counter and handed him the 5.

"Aight get up Oak. Gotta render my services."

She got off his lap.

I struck a pose. He snapped a shot.

 He snapped a shot

"One more." I said.

"After this that's gon' be another five." He got ready to take the shot.

There was a knock on my door. I had a look of confusion. I wasn't expecting anyone.

"One sec." I went to the door.

"I'm looking for Avielle Jackson. Somebody told me she lived here." The familiar face said.

"Omg what are you doing here?
We were supposed to meet after concert."  I said shocked and surprised.

"Let's just say I couldn't wait to see you. You look beautiful by the way. These are for you."
He handed me a beautiful bouquet of roses.

"Drake. Drake. I'mma big fan man." Dontae came up behind me shaking his hand. "I'm sick of these niggas too. Hire some help. Get what? Rid of these niggas. Ya feel me?" Dontae said quoting his song Mob Ties.

"I feel you bro." Aubrey said trying to maintain his fake smile. Dontae was still shaking his hand.

"Can I have my hand back please."

"My bad man." He let his hand go. "got a lil excited. I just gotta tell you man. That Marvin's Room. Marvin's Room man." He bowed his head and actually started to come out.

"It helped me get over bad break up bruh. Thank you man. Thank you." He hugged him tight.

"Dontae." I pulled him off.

"My bad bruh." He got himself together by getting a kleenex and blowing real hard.

Me and Aubrey looked at each other and shared a silent laugh at Dontae's antics.

"Dontae everything Oak needs is in her bag. Change of clothes. Everything. Let me know when y'all make it to the house."

"Oh that's your cue for me to leave. Got it. Drake can I get one pic fo' I leave."
He smiled and took a quick selfie that caught Aubrey off guard. "Thank you big baby." He patted him hard on the back.

"Bye Oak." I gave her a big hug. "Love you baby."

"Love you too mommy."

Dontae took her and they left.

I closed the door and we busted out laughing.

"Who is that again?" Aubrey asked.

"Oak's uncle."

"Oh yo other nigga's brother." He said sitting on the couch.

"For your info I don't have no "other nigga." I don't even have one." I sat next to him.

"So what am I?" Aubrey said sitting back with his arm on the couch.

"I don't know. What are you trying to be?" I said with a slight smirk.

"Your man." He said serious without smiling.

"Aubrey. Please. Every week I read about you and some big booty Houston stripper in the blogs."

"You can't believe everything you read Avi."

"Boy they come with receipts aka pictures."

"Of me having a good time. None of them I go home with. But you Avielle.
You somebody I can build with, long after a good night out."

"Oh really?" I said partially skeptical.

"My only thing is." He rubbed his beard. "Before I go out on that limb I wanna know your situation with your ex."

I cleared my throat. "There's no situation. He's moved on."

"And you?" He raised brow.

"I have to." I bit my bottom lip.

"You sure? Cause I refuse to be your backup plan."

I grabbed Aubrey's face and kissed him deeply. "I'm sure." I said softly against his lips, then pecked his lips.

I told myself mentally, I'm sure.