Weighing The Risk

Odell POV-

"You are probably the wrong person to talk to about this, but I need to talk to somebody about it." I told Dontae as he sat at the counter on his computer.

"What's up bro? I know about more things than you think." He said looking up at me from his computer.

"I'm falling back in love with Avi. But I don't want to hurt Malaysia." I confessed.

"Can't relate." He turned his attention back to his computer.

I stale faced him frustrated.

"What I can't? I balance all my women like a checkbook."

"See I knew this was the wrong idea." I went to my room.

"Stop being so damn sensitive bruh." He came in and sat on my bed.

"Get up." I said.

He got up, and I sat down and put my head in my hands.

"The key bro is to just be honest. Either way, somebody gon' get hurt. Either big booty judy, Avi or you."

I cut him a look.

"Malaysia do got an ol big onion booty. If you don't want her throw the lob."

"Can you be serious for fucking once!" I yelled.

"Who the hell you talking to witcho Khaki
Colored ass?"'

"Dontae just go." I said frustrated.

"Listen, if you dump Malaysia for Avi, there's a chance Avi could do you bogus again. If you ignore your feelings with Avi, knowing you don't want Malaysia like that, you gon' be unhappy. All of it, is a risk. You have to determine which risk is worth the chance."

"Finally some sense."

"That's gon run you a 500 hunnid." He held his hand out.

I pushed him out the room and locked the door.

"I'mma send yo khaki ass an invoice." He said on the other side of the door.

I laid on my bed and scroll through pictures of both Avi and East-Side.

East-Side I may not have been at the cusp of love with her yet. But she had been nothing but good to me.

She didn't badger or nag me like a lot of women do

She didn't badger or nag me like a lot of women do. We had hella fun. And I felt comfortable around her, to tell her about those things I was going through. And she would just sit and listen and not judge me.

She wasn't as refined as Avi, but she was trying to do her best with the life she was dealt. Our sex was amazing, her body was impeccable, and she had this golden glow about her that made her shine.

But Avi...

Avielle was my heart.

 She was the blood that flood through my very veins

She was the blood that flood through my very veins. She was every part inside of me, that allowed me to wake up to see another day. She was my life.

I know she didn't treat me the best. I know she did me horribly wrong. But all I ever wanted from her was a sincere apology. All I ever wanted was her to stop being so closed off, and just tell me what she felt about me.

It wouldn't correct everything, but it would help me to forgive and realize what we had wasn't a one-sided love affair.

I have been with countless women, but only Avi was the final piece of the puzzle that was needed to complete my life.

My feelings toward her were deeper than sex. It was deeper than her body. It was that her soul, from the moment she was made, was made for me.

You may think its over dramatic, but its my truth. There were only two things I loved more than her, God and Oak.

And if she could just do me right this time. Just tell me all those things I needed to hear, it would be all I needed as a man.

But Dontae is right. There's a chance she might switch up, and the humiliation she put me through once, could I take it again.

God, I'm so confused. Give me some signs.

Avielle POV-

"I'm avoiding going over there." I told Porsha. "I just don't think I'm ready for what I might find." I took sip of my drink she had made.

Her youngest daughter was playing in the backyard with Oak, while we sat on the backyard deck watching them.

"You gotta do it tho sis." She took sip of her drink.

"I know. I know." I sighed.

"And if you want me to come, just let me know. I will do whatever I have to do to be there."

"I will."

"Let's change the subject to something more light. I don't want you being depressed."

"Light like?"

"How O been put in light work." She raised her brow sipping her drink like it was tea.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes and blushed.

"I heard he was running in and out of your house these past few weeks like a little rat, since the funeral." She took another sip.

I playfully hit her. She laughed.

"I had call Shawn's girlfriend to ask was there anything you needed. And she said, O was basically taking care of you. Now sis you know you gon' have to tell me what's tea? Y'all back on or nah? Cause the way you was crying into his big strong chest at the funeral it seemed like yall was."

"Would you stop?" I stale faced her.

"Aw sis, I'm just playing. Wanted to get you to laugh a bit. But fareal what's tea?"

"There is no tea. He has just been there for me as a friend."

"Sex friends?"

"No bitch, no sex friends."

"Kissing friends?" She searched my face for tea.

I just took a drink.

"Oooo Avi. I'mma whoop yo lil booty. Ain't he talking to some girl?"

"Yeah." I sighed. "Which is why I told him no more. Especially before we get to attached again. I'm mean its a little too late because I'm falling for him hard. But I know I still got a lot of work to do."

"You better than me. Cause I would've rode his ass like a horse into the sunset. And lil Oak, would've had triplets as siblings."

"You so ignorant." I chuckled.

She laughed.

My phone buzzed.

"Hey." I picked up it was O.

"Hey." He said. "Just calling to ask if you can drop Oak at my crib tomorrow instead of me coming over there. I got an appointment in the morning."

"Sure."

"Aight. Cool. Bye." He hung up before I could even get a word out.

That was strange I thought. I blew it off.

I wasn't going to think about it to much, just right now enjoy this moment with my friend.