• chapter six

*warning this chapter will contain mentions of violence and death. please consider this before reading. thank you.*

mimi hesitates.

"come on," he laughs lightly. she stares at him like the boy has lost his head.

"no! i'm not getting on that thing." she huffs and crosses her arms over her chest.

"come on, i got you a helmet and everything. i promise i'll be careful." the boy says and he sticks out his pinky. she sighs in defeat.

"fine but only since you promised." she says quietly and they intertwine their pinkies.

he hands over the black helmet he bought her and she grabs it. taking a moment, she stares at the helmet then the bike then jungkook. he just smiles.

she puts the helmet on and tightens it making sure it fits just right. then she climbs on.

"hold on tight." the boy says and then he starts the bike. she yelps in surprise when the bike takes off and her grip on the boy tightens. her eyes are closed as the boy zooms by cars.

"are your eyes closed?" the boy asks and he feels her nod against his back. he smiles then says, "open them please."

she does as told and gasps in amazement. she doesn't know when they got there but oh boy was it beautiful. the ride past Han River and she watches all the people and the water rush by.

after about 10 minutes of riding she's a little bit more comfortable with looking around.

she feels the bike slow down and she's scared again causing her grip to tighten once again.

they pull up to the entrance of the woods.

"am i going to die today?" she asks quietly. this makes jungkook laugh softly.

"no, i promise you won't." he then kicks out the stand and climbs off. he takes his helmet off and sets it down.

"come on." he says with his hand out to her.

"you're going to have to trust me, okay?" she nods slowly and takes his hand. she climbs off and removes her helmet. they hold hands as they enter the woods.

he guides her through the branches and the roots of the trees and when they arrive at their destination she looks around admiring everything.

there, in a big old tree, sat a massive tree house. she gasps at the sight and jungkook begins climbing the latter.

he laughs at her reaction and hops off the latter. pulling her towards the latter, he lets her climb up first. when she gets inside the tree house, she moves over so the boy behind her could come in. while she waits for him, she looks around at the drawings that were on the walls.

there were children's drawings on the walls and photos that she believes jungkook took along with more advanced, more detailed drawings. the colors from the sunset filled the sky and the two sit in silence for a minute as she takes everything in. it was breathtaking.

"i...i want to tell you my story..." the boy says quietly. she hears this and turns towards him.

when jungkook notices he has her attention he asks, "is that okay with you?"

she quickly nods, "of course." she smiles softly. he smiles in return and starts.

"so when i was 16, there was an accident. it involved me and my little brother." the boy sighs, playing with his fingers. she watches him carefully.