• chapter twenty five

it's the 28th of november.

"this is my life now. i have climbed this hill and now i will die upon it." mimi says dramatically.

"shut up we've only been hiking for twenty minutes." her brother deadpans.

currently they are taking a hike before their final week of torture.

the only true reason for this hike is because it is needed to get to jin's family's vacation home.

"couldn't we just drive up here though?" she asks from the back of the group.

"if you want to attempt driving up here be our guest, just know we won't be in the vehicle with you." jin laughs.

"plus you don't even have your license." namjoon brings up.

she lets out a loud whine.

"oh be quiet and walk," jungkook deadpans. he's tired of hearing her whine every few seconds.

after "centuries" of walking they make it to his vacation home.

on the outside the home is white and grey with four steps leading to the porch. a large glass window looks into the living room.

when they arrive everyone is flabbergasted.

they walk through the white door into a small hallway. they take off their shows and walk around admiring the house.

the living room has a black fireplace and beautiful dark grey couches, a large flat screen tv is set up above the fireplace.

mimi flips down on the couch complaining about how her calves and feet hurt.

jihyo walks into the kitchen to see a white granite top island in the center with a sink.

jimin is busy staring at the high tec double oven. the boy loves to bake and a double oven is his dream. especially one that is high tec like this one.

yoongi is already seated at the black grand piano lifting the lid, viewing the keys underneath. he starts playing a melody, a piece he made during his free time.

everyone looks around the expensive house and admire things that catch their eyes.

after everyone has settled again and start up a conversation they decide on a movie marathon. they can't just let this large tv go to waste.

namjoon votes for a friends marathon while jungkook wants a marvel marathon. others put in their wanted shows and later they decide to have a marvel marathon.

they all gather snacks from jin's pantry and cuddle up on the couches and floor with pillows and blankets to keep them comfortable.

they're enjoying the movie when taehyung's and mimi's phones chime.

they reach into their pockets and pull out their devices. they glance at each other and quickly swipe at their screens.

by now the movie is already paused and everyone is looking at them with confusion plastered on their faces.

mimi and tae smile and high five each other while talking about the art competition.

"i got second!!" mimi yells and tae comes behind.

"i got first!!" they're both freaking out and talking about their art and showing each other what they did.

then they tell the news to their friends who are still confused.

"so we joined an art competition throughout the school and we got top two!!"

they pass their phones around so everyone can see and everyone talks about their art.

mimi's art:

hey guys! i made this art 🥰 there's a meaning behind it which i will explain next

"so the meaning behind your painting? what is it?" yoongi asks.

"well i started painting it when jungkook left." she says, fiddling with her fingers. "the yellow rose represented our friendship and it was being destroyed by the destructive flame. i thought our friendship was over. and well the black is the absence and the loneliness i felt after you left."

she looks over to jungkook and he has sadness in his eyes.

"and tae? what about yours?" tzuyu asks.

tae explains to them the meaning behind his painting. his paint had to do with the destruction of nature. the detail was amazing and he had said it was actually inspired by a picture he took.

they all give congratulations to the two when jin speaks up.

"so let's celebrate." he says. he grabs bottles of soju and walks to the back glass sliding door.

everyone follows the man with the soju bottles to the back porch. he flicks a switch and the backyard comes to life.

fairy lights surround the enclosed space of the yard and there's a fire pit in the center of the yard as well as chairs.

jin digs around in a small shed in the back of the yard hidden away in a dark corner. he comes out with a box and sets it down on the porch.

they peek into the box and find boxes of fireworks.

mimi's eyes light up and she grabs the box of sparklers. jin already has a light stick ready for anyone.

she lights them and everyone jumps around with sparklers in their hands, excitement filling the air as the sun sets and the stars come out.