• chapter twenty

the boy packs his things and walks to her room. he opens the door to find her cuddled into her pillows.

he smiles at the sight.

"thank you mimi." he whispers and closes the door. he looks around the living room and then leaves. he closes the door and locks the doorknob behind him.

he walks down the dark streets not really paying attention to where he's going. he ends up at the train station.

he looks down at his phone and decides he'll go to is grandmother who lives in in Busan.

he pays for his ticket and waits patiently for the bus.

he doesn't want to leave her. he truly doesn't.

"it's for the best." he sighs to himself.

it's cold out. the autumn breeze flowing through. he shivers and rubs his hands together. he looks down sadly.

"at least she doesn't blame me for the accident." he says to himself thinking about his grandmother.

after the incident, she never blamed him.

"it was an accident." she'd always say.
"don't blame yourself." she'd try to make the boy feel better. it never worked however.

the train arrives and he gets on. while on the train his phone goes off.

he clears the notifications and stares at his lock screen for a moment

it's a picture of mimi that he took without her knowing.

he sighs and changes the lock screen.

turning on some music, he stares at the window regretting his decision.
'what have i done...' he feels his eyes become watery and his sighs while dabbing at them.

after awhile he arrives at his destination.

"jungkook, dear, what are you doing up this late and in the freezing cold? come in come in." she gestures and moves over.

the boy walks in apologizing to her for waking her up.

"ah it's fine it's fine. go get to bed, we'll talk in the morning." she says and then she's off to her room.

that night jungkook just laid there staring at the ceiling of his bedroom.

his phone has been going off since the train, so he put it on silent mode but even then he still sees his screen light up.

he turns over and looks at it. there were many many texts from namjoon, jin, taehyung and mimi. namjoon, jin and taehyung are sending angry texts although jin's are a lot less explicit.

he flips his phone over and stares at the ceiling once again praying that he'll fall asleep soon. which he does.