• chapter thirteen

it's been a few days since mimi suggested that jungkook move in with her. he hasn't answered her but he does dodge the topic like it's the plague. it worries her because maybe she asked too soon? maybe he didn't like her company that much? but she lets it go.

it's halloween and there's a huge party at some guy's house. nobody knows him very well, they just go for the booze and the music and the people.

mimi dresses up in her cat "costume" again and jungkook didn't really dress up. he's in nice black jeans, with a white t-shirt tucked in and a black leather jacket, and man it took mimi everything in her not to pounce on him.

she never thought she'd have a crush on the boy but whew was she close to it.

when he knocked on her door that night to take her to this party, she did not expect to get the wind knocked out of her. he was just that fine. he even had his hair styled, normally it's under a hat, or covering his face, but tonight... well his hair was slick back and his forehead was showing and she was almost caught drooling.

"are you coming?" he asks, snapping her out of her trance. she nods and locks up her apartment then running down the stairs to catch up with him.

they get on his bike, and then they're off.

when they get to the party, she gapes at the house. it was a huge house, it looked like it was three stories and the windows were actually really large. she was completely in awe.

jungkook laughs at her reaction and grabs her hand, "come on." they walk into the house but they earned a few stares seeing as they claim to not be a couple and they walk in holding hands.

mimi quickly releases jungkook's hand.

"i'm gonna go find tae, he said he was here already." she yells since the music is quite loud. the boy nods and they split up. she finds tae with jimin and they dance together.

mimi is lost in the music, lost in the alcohol, lost in the hot bodies around her to pay attention. jungkook watches his new friends dance to the music from afar. he said he wouldn't drink since he's mimi's ride but when he sees jimin get a little too close to mimi for his comfort he considers it.

'you're not dating her jungkook, what's your problem?' he asks himself. 'why am i so jealous?'

mimi and jimin continue their dancing but tae leaves somewhere, he watches as they get closer and then he walks away. he goes to the counter and asks for the strongest they have. when his glass was given to him he stares at it for a moment.

'just one.' he tells himself then it's bottoms up.

the thing was, just one turned into two then three then the boy had lost count. he's standing off in a corner now, waiting for the party to be over so he could lay down. mimi walks up to him and leans against his shoulder, "can we go home now, i'm sleepy." she says loudly. jungkook nods and they're out the door.

he gets on the bike and gives mimi her helmet. she gets on and puts on the helmet. they zoom down the empty road.

"jungkookie slow down a bit." she says as her grip tightens but he doesn't hear her. they speed past side roads but they were going too fast to notice a car was coming, and next thing they knew... everything was black.

 everything was black