• chapter twenty one

mimi wakes up and peeks her head from the blanket.

her door has stayed locked and the curtains closed but she's tired of just laying down. it's been three days since she's locked herself in the room.

sighing, she gets up and opens the curtain to see it's dark outside. she looks over to the white digital clock on her desk and the time reads: 22:38 (10:38 pm)

the girl walks to the bathroom and looks at herself.

"gross." she mumbles.

her eyes are puffy and her hair is extremely messy and tangled. she frowns at the sight.

she gets in the shower and cleans herself. detangling her hair was probably the worst part. so many knots, her head was sore afterwards.

when she gets out she grabs her phone and turns it on. she reads through the messages that are still coming in.

she puts the phone down and decides to get dressed.

'i'm not ready to talk to anyone,' she says as someone knocks on her door. she's hesitant, wanting to leave them knocking until she hears the door unlocking.

tae and yoongi walk through the door and sigh in relief when they see her.

"oh my god. are you okay? did something happen to you?" yoongi asks while rushing to her hugging her.

tae just looks at her with sad eyes. seeing the condition she's in makes him sad.

so they sit down. mimi tells them what happened after the game. she told them how jungkook felt with being around her and how she felt so bad for making him feel that way. that it wasn't her intention.

she didn't cry while explaining. she had no more tears left to cry, but they knew how she felt. her eyes spoke for her.

for the rest of the night, they laid on her bed with her. it was a bit cramped but they managed. she cuddled up to yoongi which tae did complain about at first but then he cuddled to mimi. they were a bundle of cuddles.

they wake up the next morning and get ready for their classes

when tae tae and mimi walk into their art class everyone is talking about something.

when they sit down the professor comes in and explains.

"all right guys, let's just jump straight to it. there's an art competition coming up. every art class on campus will be competing and i trust someone from my class will win." she laughs lightly and everyone in the class laughs as well.

" you can enter in any sort of art, the deadline is two weeks before the semester ends which will land you on..." she trails off looking for the date in her book. "november 21st. you'll get results november 28th and semester ends december 6th. sound good?"

everyone says yes. the professor then gives them the lecture time to come up with what they'd like to come up with.

mimi and taehyung look at each other very excited.

"so what're you thinking about doing?" she asks the boy, he shrugs but starts giving out ideas.

"i think i know what i'm going to do." she says, it's actually something she's been working on for the past few weeks.

they talk about her idea and it gives tae tae a few ideas.

mimi waves goodbye to taehyung as they part ways and she meets up with namjoon.

"hey mimi." namjoon says happily as he makes his way to mimi.

"why are you so happy this morning?" she asks while looking at her brother.

"just happy to know you're safe and sound." he gives his dimpled smile. she smiles back at the boy but then notices someone behind him.

namjoon turns around trying to see what she's looking at and find jungkook.

"namjoon, before you say anything please hear me out, okay?" he says and namjoon nods.

"listen, i'm sorry for the way i've been acting recently. i'm not used to people wanting to be friends with me and care for me. but i am extremely thankful for you all. you guys welcomed me in with open arms... kinda but i'm completely thankful. the other night mimi.. i'm sorry for saying it the way i did. i do feel like you were trying to change me but i had thought about what my grandmother said and you weren't trying to change me. you just wanted to see me happy and give me a chance to be happy. so thank you. i want to start again... if that's okay. a fresh start. please. i'll do better this time, i promise." he finishes then walks away before she could process and say anything.

"you say all that just to leave again?" she says, tone laced with sadness.

"i'll be back this time." he smiles then waves goodbye.

that night mimi sits in her room and paints the project she will be turning into the competition.

while sitting there painting, there's a knock on the door. she gets up and walks to the door. before opening it she looks through the peep hole seeing as it's past 9 pm.

she finds jungkook on the other side.

"hey." he says with a small smile.

"hey." she smiles back.

" she smiles back