• chapter nineteen

ahh game day. the day mimi was absolutely dreading. why? because she was new to her. cheering and being apart of something where hundreds of people watch her.

"this was a bad idea." she mumbles. tae turns to her.

"did you say something?" he asks, clueless. she shakes her head.

"i've gotta go now. see you guys after." she waves to taehyung and yoongi. she's a bit upset that she wasn't able to say a quick hello to her brother and his best friend.

she sighs and gets changed. when nayeon sees mimi she rushes over to her.

"are you excited?" she says with that cute smile of hers.

"kind of, i don't feel that i'm ready for this quite yet." she runs at her arm, nervous.

"ah that's okay. you can sit on the side and give everyone support! we'll practice with being out with people later, okay?" she chimes. mimi nods and the girl yells for everyone to come together.

they cheer each other on and get ready for the game. when the schools team comes out of the building, the cheer leaders yell for the boys.

mimi jumps up and down from the side and watches as the cheerleaders welcome the boys with a loud and powerful cheer.

"wow..." she says quietly while watching them.

"they're great, huh?" she hears a familiar deep voice. she turns around and finds tae and jihyo.

"why not go out and join them?" jihyo smiles, encouraging her friend.

"because what if i mess up? what if i embarrass myself?" she questions feeling small.

"you wouldn't. this is something you are so excited for. you obviously love it already, the way you admire all of them. it's obvious." jihyo laughs gently.

mimi nods, "okay i'll give it a try then i suppose."

tae and jihyo cheer for her as mimi walks to the group.

she gets into the empty spot next to nayeon quickly and begins cheering. nayeon smiles at her and continues cheering.

mimi cheers for the rest of the game and when her team scores the winning  shot, their entire side of the stadium roars in excitement.

the cheerleading team cheers for the boys who are gathering and jumping in the middle of the field, proud of their teammate that just gave them the points they needed to win.

everything calms down and mimi runs to her group of friends hugging them proud of herself.

"you did amazing mimi!"
"great job mimi."
"that's my best friend."

she hears from everyone and while she's hugging her brother she sees a familiar face in the crowd.

"jungkook?" she says quietly.

"i'll be back you guys." she smiles and she runs off to where she spotted the boy. he wasn't right at that spot but when she turned her head she saw a familiar figure.

"jungkook." she says loud enough for him to hear. he stops and turns around.

"why'd you come back?" she asks.

"because i-i missed you.." he says quietly from his spot.

"because you missed me? you were the one who left." she scoffs. she runs her fingers through her hair.

"and to add to it. you left for a stupid reason. i chose to take care of you, i took time out of my day to make sure you were okay. you didn't need to leave just because you thought it was hurting me... it wasn't. i was fine with taking care of you. you're my friend. that's something i do for my friends. i take care of them." she says, holding back the urge to yell at him.

"you don't need to take care of me. i was just going to disappoint you and hurt you. i cant even focus because everyone whispers when we're together. because you're friends with someone like me. how you look so disappointed when i get in an argument with hoseok. i couldn't take it. i cant take it. i'm sorry that i cant be as good as you expect me to be. i'm sorry i cant change for you." he says while sniffling.

'he's crying...' she thinks to herself. feeling bad for everything. she didn't realize how she treated him.

"i don't deserve you, mimi. i don't deserve your kindness. i don't deserve you taking care of me." he sighs.

she laughs hysterically, "seriously?thats the thing. you don't think you deserve something so you ruin it." she yells.

jungkook stares at her, shocked by her sudden outburst.

"yeah? i ruined this? so that's how you feel..." he says quietly.

"yeah that's how i feel because i cared for you. i still care for you! but you left. you left me and all i wanted to do was help. is that how you treat someone who's helped you?" she asks, her blood boiling every second.

"i left because i didn't want to hurt you again!" he yells back.

"well you failed at that! because guess what? you hurt me when you left!" she's crying now, not in sorrow but in anger.

"god damnit mimi!" the boy yells while he walks towards the girl.

she gasps when he hugs her, hugs her as if he were to let go she'd disappear. he cries and cries and she just stands there.

"i'm so sorry mimi. i didn't want to hurt you.. but i was so scared. so scared that if i were to have stayed i'd hurt you and disappoint you, and i was too scared to stay. so i left." he says into the crook of her neck while he hugs her.

she holds in her tears and pushes him off of her.

"don't... don't touch me..." she says avoiding eye contact.

"stay away from me..." a tear slipped from her eye and she curses internally. she didn't want jungkook to see her cry in this moment.

she wipes the tear away and walks away from the boy.

when she gets home she throws her bag on her desk chair and gets in the shower.

she lets the warm water trickle down her back as she cries. she feels bad for him. she's not even angry anymore. she hates herself for making jungkook feel that way.

"i'm sorry.." she repeats while crying in the shower. she curls herself into a ball while in the shower wanting to disappear.

when the water turns cold and she gets out of the shower she puts on her comfy pajamas and locks her bedroom door.

she turns off her phone which is constantly ringing because of the notifications from her friends and curls up under her large blanket.