• chapter twenty three

later that night...

there's a knock on the girls door waking her from her slumber. before she gets the chance to see who it is, the door unlocks revealing her friends.

"hey, what happened today? everything alright?" taehyung asks.

"i know her. jeongyeon. although she didn't really like me very much we were constantly told to talk to each other. we've known each other since i was about 8 i believe." she informs them.

jihyo looks at her in shock.

"she wasn't all that great... she'd get me in trouble constantly even if i had nothing to do with the situation. anyway, it brought back bad memories and it caused me to have a panic attack. joonie was there though to bring me back." she finishes and tae hugs her.

"i'm sorry mi." he says.

for the rest of the night, they hung out and played weird games while laughing and eating whatever jin had cooked up in the kitchen.

"oh by the way joonie," she says catching his attention. "nice work on the food earlier. it was really good." his cheeks flush with a warm red.

"thanks. i'm taking lessons from jin since he's amazing and all." he says looking towards the boy that's making food. she nods.

her phone goes off and sees a text from jungkook.

kookie 🥰: hey. can i come over?

mimi: of course you can.

"guys, listen, jungkook is coming over. i have him another chance so please be kind to him. he's also aware that this is his last chance." she points out and then a knock is heard a the door.

she opens the door to see jungkook.

"hi kookie." she smiles. he smiles back and walks through the door nervously waving at everyone.

jihyo is still skeptical about him but she lets it slide and decides to hang out with him and give him a chance as well.

they sing, they laugh, dance and watch tv til it's almost 1 am.

"okay losers, we have school in the morning get out." mimi laughs, everyone groans and gets up.

they grab their things and head out the door complaining about classes.

when everyone is gone it's just mimi and jungkook. she's about to head to her room when there's another knock at the door.

rushing over to the door, she opens it expecting to see one of her friend but is shocked by who it is.

jeongyeon.

"i'm sorry." is the first thing she says.
"i found your file and your address and came to talk to you."

"at 1 in the morning?" she deadpans.
she honestly doesn't want to have anything to do with the girl who practically ruined her life.

"yes, at 1 in the morning. i-i couldn't sleep." she sighs and runs her fingers through her dark hair.

"well what did you want to talk about?" mimi says irritated. she can feel jungkook watching them but chooses to ignore him because it'll only make matters worse.

"can i come in?" the girl asks.

"no, speak now or leave." she huffs. that makes jeongyeon talk.

"okay look i'm sorry about what happened in the past. i knew it was wrong but did it anyway and i honestly have no idea why i did it but i did and i'm sorry. after my mom told me i won't be seeing you anymore i got upset. confused also because your mom would always show up but without you and she'd never talk about you. so i was afraid i did something wrong."