Is this the end?

After a few minutes of waiting two men opened the door. One wore a black jumpsuit with purple hair; Jackson. I got up and hugged him, "I'm getting you out". He hugged back, acting a little confused.

Daniel shuffled some papers around and looked at us. "I'll try to explain what he meant. Jackson, you were brought into this site because you had a rather strong bond with Brian. We were planning on using you as bait. If Brian didn't cooperate, then we'd kill you. However, since we decided to stop the testing, you and Brian can leave."

Jackson looked confused and shocked, "Wait so we can go back to living out lives as normal?"

Daniel smiled and nodded in response, "that's correct. In addition to that we're giving you two 20 million dollars and, this may only apply to Brian, clearing your name from all public records. Meaning you would be erased from history in a sense."

Jackson hugged me from the side. "We can finally be some where nice! Uh I mean i-if you want to live with me"

Abruptly, I pulled him into a kiss. We pulled away after a few seconds. "Yes hun, we can live together. As a happy little gay couple."

Happy huh? Funny thing is, not every story ends in a happy ending

All three of us looked around in confusion. "Who said that?", We all said in unison.

Fools, I'm your creator, your God.  I created you from ideas and now I craft your ending. Some stories end in death.

After it said that, everyone in the room disappeared. "What the fuck is happening!?!", I yelled in confusion.

Some end in fire and destruction

The room I was in caught on fire. It spread to every inch of my vision, burning everything.

What will your story end in? Maybe death or war. Maybe in confusion and lose. Or maybe it won't end here. Have you woken up yet Brian, I don't think you have.

Light faded away from my vision. After awhile everything went dark.

Light appeared slowly back into my vision. I looked around me, with Jackson in bed with me.

"Hun, what's wrong?", he asked with a sleepy voice

I turned to him, "I had a nightmare"