70%

C/N POV 

 C/N C/L/N sat lay on his bed and stared up at the ceiling. His thoughts were racing, alf of his thoughts consumed with two things. 30% about food, and 70% about one person. Y/N L/N. They had been best friends ever since childhood, but he had messed up. He had told himself ever since he was 13 that he would not fall in love with her. But, like a conveniently written plot in a short stories book, he had. It was the little things that made her seem so perfect. The way she smiled, the way she always seemed to mess up when she cooked, the way her handwriting looked, everything about her was... amazing. 

However, the more he began to feel for her, the more he realized that he should give up his feelings for her. He knew that she had a boyfriend, and that she was perfectly happy with him. He knew perfectly well that her boyfriend hated him, that he could get very jealous if Y/N would hang out with him for too long.

Everything that pointed to the signs of his feelings that shouldn't be viable was.... wrong. And yet... 

Time Skip

C/N walked towards Y/N that next morning at school. 

"Hey!" He said, smiling happily.  

Y/N looked away. 

He stared at her. "What's wrong?" 

Y/N's eyes were watering. "(Boyfriend Name) broke up with me." 

C/N stared at her for a bit longer until the words sunk in. "W-what?! Why-"

"He said I wasn't good enough. HE CHEATED ON ME!" She yelled, openly sobbing. 

C/N wrapped his arms around her. "Its gonna be okay..."

Y/N cried in his arms. The two of them stayed like that until the school bell rang. 

"W...We should get to class."  Y/N said, pulling back and wiping her tears. 

"No." C/N shook his head. "We're going to go have fun."

"B-ut-" 

C/N smiled and grabbed her hand. "Come on!"  

C/N dragged her all across town. They got ice cream, Y/N's favorite foods, and went to the orchard that was only a couple blocks away from the school. They picked apples and laughed, and soon, Y/N had completely forgotten about her breakup. Almost.  The sun set slowly around the orchard, and C/N saw Y/N really happy. 

He stared at her for a bit too long. 

"Hmm?" Y/N asked, smiling.

"Uh-" C/N blushed. "N-Nothing."

Y/N blinked. "What is it?"

C/N looked at the ground. "Its... Nothing." 

Y/N raised an eyebrow. "Now that you say that, its obvious to me that its something." 

C/N shook his head. "No, I just..." 

Y/N glared at him. "Spit it out." 

C/N sighed. "I just thought you looked pretty today." 

Y/N stared at him. "Uh... Thank you?" 

C/N looked at the ground. He felt sick. It felt like he was taking advantage of Y/N after her breakup. He liked her, sure, but that didn't mean he wanted to make her fall for him by using her weak times to make her fall in love with him. He sighed and stood up. 

"We... should get home. I have a lot of make-up work." 

"We just skipped school C/N." 

C/N cringed. "Y-Yeah, thats what I mean." 

He walked home. He sighed.

That 70% may have just gone up to 80%. 

----

.... 2.1K

Thanks y'all.