One at a Time - Intro

C/N POV

C/N is a player. He has multiple girlfriends and does whatever he wants to do. But when he saw that one girl, Y/N L/N, his heart really raced. He thought about her every single day, and wanted to be next to her at every moment. Every night, he tried to convince himself that she wasn't worth it, that there were so many other girls that he could be with. But he found himself wanting a steady girlfriend. Somebody that was always there for him. Somebody that he could... Potentially start a lifelong relationship with....

He was falling in love. 

He didn't want to fall in love. He tried to forget her, by dating dozens and dozens of other girls. But in reality of what was happening, he knew that this love was completely different from the liking he took to some of the other girls. His friends always applauded at the number of girls he had kissed, or the number of girlfriends he currently had, but C/N was too scared to ask them what would happen if he had actually fallen in love. He had a reputation, but his body was telling him that she was more important than anything that he could ever care about.

He knew if he tried to get close to her, have a relationship with her, she would either break up with him, or just not let him get close to her. He knew that she wasn't interested. So... He had one option. Give up.

But his mental state wouldn't let him give up. 

What am I doing?