My Dragonfruit Barista

C/N POV  

C/N walked into the coffee shop that he always went to. He walked into the cafe and inhaled. The cafe smelled like coffee beans and pastries. Bagels, cake pops, muffins, everything. He smiled and sat down at a seat and opened his laptop. He set his laptop on the table and set his backpack down, and headed over to the counter. There was a barista working behind the counter, a girl with Y/H/C, and Y/E/C. She was busy: pouring ice, pumping some kind of liquid into the drink cup, and... from what he could see, a lot of scoops of dragonfruit. He genuinely didn't understand what kind of drink required this much dragonfruit. He stood at the counter, looking around at the empty shop. The shop was only empty because it was pretty early, so who could she be preparing a drink for?

"Oh NO-" 

C/N looked up, and did a double-take. She had put the drink into the blender and the blender had exploded all over her. There was dragonfruit smoothie-drink all over her face and the front of her apron. She sighed and turned around and saw C/N, just standing there.

"Oh! Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to ignore you, I got carried away." She said, grabbing a washcloth and trying to wipe the drink off of her apron. 

"No, its fine. You think you can make me a drink with that mess... Miss.... Dragonfruit?"

She laughed. "What would you like?"

"Strawberry Drink, Blended." He said, biting his lower lip. 

"I'll try not to mess it up." She said, turning around. 

He went to sit back down as a couple more people entered the shop. He opened his laptop and started to work on his chemistry report. He looked up after a couple of minutes and saw her taking the other customers orders, and giving them their drinks. He raised an eyebrow. She hadn't even prepared his order yet? He shrugged it off. Another person ran into the store, wearing an employee uniform. They spoke for a second, and the new barista took charge of the register. The dragonfruit barista came around the counter and walked to his table and slid his drink over. 

"Here you go. And... something a little extra." She said, sliding a pastry bag over the table. 

He raised an eyebrow. "Extra? Does it have dragonfruit?" 

She giggled. "No, its just a cake pop."

He grinned. After that day, he constantly came back to the cafe, and she was always there. She always greeted him with a smile, and surprised him with a kick to the drink that he would have ever expected. Sometimes she would write little notes on the top of his cup, give him pastries, talk to him, etc. He wasn't sure why she was doing that, but that made him feel all... warm inside. She was cute and super nice, why wouldn't he think of her..? 

He still didn't know her name. He sometimes tried to ask her, but she would always avoid the question. Like she didn't want him to know her name. Was there a reason..? He would always think of her before bed, wondering if there was a reason she wouldn't tell him his name. His heart ached at the thought of her not liking him. What if... What if she didn't like him..?

He sighed. And tossed and turned in bed. He couldn't sleep. Thoughts of her circled his head. Nobody could stop these thoughts. He hated himself for thinking about her so much. He sighed again. His roommate probably was really annoyed by all his rustling.. He tried thinking about other girls but his head was swarmed with thoughts of her. 

No no no no no no no no no no... He shook his head and tried to fall asleep. Eventually he did. And dreamt about her.

One day, he woke up and walked to the coffee shop like everyday, but he couldn't think straight. All he could think was... Maybe she doesn't like you. He thought about it, but the result of everything was... She doesn't like you.

He looked at his feet. Why did he ever think... this would go well?

Meanwhile, at the counter, Miss. Dragonfruit was standing, waiting for the cute boy to come and order something. He didn't, however, which slightly worried her. Was he okay? She hopped over the counter and walked over to him.

"Hey... you alright?" She asked, sitting across him.

C/N jumped in his seat. "Uh. Ye-Yeah. I'm fine."

"You don't seem fine." 

C/N looked away. "I'm fine.." 

"Are you sure?"

"Yes.."

Miss. Dragonfruit smiled. "I can give you a pastry to make you feel better."

He looked up at her. "I'll take the pastry... wh..when you tell me your name."

She looked at him. "My name?" 

"Your name."

She smiled. "It's Y/N."

He blinked. Was it that easy?

"I guess you really wanted to know my name."

"I.. did."

She giggled. "Well, then will you finally ask me out?"

His eyes widened. "Uh.." He blushed and looked away. "Will you?"

"Of course, Mr. Pastry."