I hope.

C/N POV

(Short) 

"C/N~" (Rival's Name) called. She bounced over to where C/N was standing and wrapped her arm around him. 

"You wanna go get some coffee after school~?" She asked, a sweet smile on her face. 

"I have homework." C/N replied, coldly. 

She pouted. "Come on! I'll buy lunch!" 

"No." 

(Rival's name) crossed her arms. "Fine!" 

And she bounced off.

C/N headed to his locker, listening to the cheesy music they played in the hallway of the school. He opened his locker and began to pull out some books that he would need for his next class. He closed his locker and leaned against it, looking at all the people in the hallway. 

And...

He saw...

Her. 

That one girl that seemed to have no care in the world, that one girl who was always smiling. C/N wasn't sure why he was so fond of this girl. All he had done was say hello to her once, but he still couldn't stop thinking about her. A blush crept up to his cheeks as he gazed at her.

"Hello? Anybody home..? Helloooo?" 

C/N snapped up from his trance. "W-what?" 

His best friend stood there. "Your brain cells active? Or are they dead." 

C/N rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah." 

"Who were you staring at?" 

"Uh.." 

(Crush's best friend) craned his neck to see who he was staring at. 

C/N shook his head and headed off to class. 

As he did so, he bumped into someone. 

"Ah! Sorry, I wasn't-" 

Their eyes met. 

"Oh.. um.. hey!" 

"Hi."

"I don't believe we have met... I'm Y/N!" 

"I..I'm C/N."

"W..well, I have class. I should... go...." 

"Yeah."

As she walked away, C/N smiled sadly to himself.

I hope. 

Little did he know that the girl was thinking the same thing.