Backwards Cap x Reader

Requested by  army_beret

Sorry on how long this took me! 

You were one of the many strongest inklings in inkopolis square, reaching X-Rank in all four modes. With (f/c) tentacles and (e/c), you were kinda popular with the other inklings. From receiving battle requests to just hanging out with others, you always accepted them. There were some confessions you have gotten from others, but you politely declined them. The reason was you did have a crush on someone, and his name was Backwards Cap.

Every time you saw him walk by, you could swear you felt your heart beat fast and your face feeling warm. So when you got a request for a battle from Green Team, you couldn't help but to feel excited and accept. Grabbing your (f/w), you quickly called your friends about the battle you guys have.

"So, are you going to tell him or not?" Your best friend and teammate asked as the four of you waited for Backwards Cap and his team. "I was thinking of confessing after our battle. Though I'm afraid he'll be scared of me" you replied, sighing. You've told your friends about your feelings for the

other, and they supported you. From giving you advice to giving you some confidence, you were thankful of them. Though deep down, the fear was slowly consuming you. Out in the distance you and your teammates heard a voice behind you.

"Sorry we're late! We had to make sure none of us weren't imposters!" You heard, as you turned seeing him, Backwards Cap. "So are you guys ready to lose?" One of your teammates said as you rolled your eyes.

The stage was Skipper Pavilion, a stage you knew so well. As the battle started, you automatically head towards to the upper section of the stage, knowing everyone would head to the lower section. You started inking with (f/w), only to be hit a bit by splash from a slosher Weapon. "I didn't think you'll go this way too!" You heard Backwards

Cap say, seeing him smirk. "Well, with everyone heading down, it's easier heading up to help!" You grinned, dodging a blob of ink from his Slosher Machine. However, what you didn't expect was the autobomb he threw, as you heard it about to explode behind you. You quickly dodged it, as Backwards Cap jumped down from the top ledge.

"Wow, you're pretty good (y/n)! But I'll definitely beat you!" You heard the excitement in the other's voice, as you dodged another blob of ink. "I'll love to see you try!" You smiled using (f/w).

The both of you were trying to hit each other while everyone was still at the bottom area. Or so you thought, as in the corner of your eye, you saw Safari Hat on the top ledge. He started to take aim at you with his .52 Gal. You got hit a bit, only for you splatter him. However, you also lost your footing, landing on top of Backwards Cap.

"Oof"

You weren't expecting to fall at all, but when you opened your eyes, you noticed how close your face was to his. You blushed (f/c) as you quickly got off him. "S-Sorry!" You quickly said, feeling your heart flutter. Glancing over, you swore you saw his cheeks tint a green blush.

3

2

1

Stop Game!

You and your team won 50.8% to 40.2% as you sighed. It was a close battle, even though you didn't leave the top part of Skipper Pavilion. You were about to leave until you felt someone grabbed your hand. Turning around, you saw Backwards Cap who was looking away with a small blush. "Hey, you were pretty amazing and I was wondering if you.."

"Just ask them out already!" You heard one of his teammates say, more specifically Safari Hat. "H-Hey! Let me say it!" Backwards replied, blushing furiously. You smiled, letting out a small chuckle catching his attention.

"I'll go out with you"