Trust

Carl's POV

I woke up to the smell of something cooking. I rolled over and saw that Blake wasn't there. I get up and looked outside to see mostly everyone surrounding the fire. I went over and sat next to Blake where he handed me a piece of cooked meat.

"Thanks." I said before taking a bite.

"My mom and I went out early this morning and found a deer." He told me.

"Why didn't you wake me?" I asked. "I would have went with you."

"I was going to, but you looked so cute asleep." He told me before giving me a peck on my lips. "So what's the plan for today?"

"I don't know." I told him. "How are we doing on weapons?"

"Not good." He told me. "I mean Michonne has her katana and we have a few knives. But we only have a couple guns and not much ammo."

"Shit." I muttered.

"But on the plus side, my mom managed to make a bow and some arrows." He told me.

"That's good, but it's not enough." I said before getting up and walking over to Keith. "Do you know any places that might have some guns or other weapons?"

"Umm..." Keith said as he thought about it. "Yeah."

"Where is it?" I asked.

"The docks are a few hours' drive from here." Keith told me. "There's a boat filled with weapons. It's also filled with medical supplies and food."

"Really?!" I asked shocked. "How has no one claimed them?"

"Because I put the stuff there myself." He told me. "In case things ever went south I'd take the boat and sail away."

"And I'm assuming daddy knows about this boat of yours." Zelda chimed in.

"Actually, no." Keith told her. "No one knows about it except for me and now you guys."

"Michonne?" I called out to her. "How much gas is in the tank?"

"Last I check it was a little less than half a tank." She answered.

"Do you think that'll be enough?" I asked Keith.

"I don't think so." He told me. "But it should get you pretty close. Plus the boat also has tanks of gas so you can walk back to the car and get it refilled."

"Well isn't that convenient." Zelda said sarcastically. "The fact that you have a boat filled with everything we need. That doesn't sound suspicious at all."

"Zelda..."

"I think she's right." Blake spoke to my surprise. "It all seems too coincidental."

Soon enough everyone was agreeing with them. They all said stuff like 'it's a trap' or 'it's too much of a coincidence.' And they're not wrong, it's a big risk. But we need those supplies.

"We need those supplies." I told everyone. "And you're right that there's a chance they might not exist. But we have to be 100% sure. And the only way to do that is to check. So, I'm going to go and see if he's telling the truth."

"What?!" Zelda asked shocked.

"Carl?" Blake begged.

"No!" Michonne yelled.

"You can't go alone." Maggie told me.

"I won't be." I told them. "I'll take Keith with me."

"I'll go with you and..."