drive-in movie

Occasionally I think about you and all the little crazy things you used to do

All of the memories play in my head and I can't help but sit back and watch like I'm at a drive in movie.

Every conversation, every word, every laugh, every smile.

I remember how your presence would drive me wild,

And I'd think about all the things I should have said but never did.

I'd write about how our lives could have been.

So much time has passed and I've changed for the worst while you changed for the better.

I think about how you made me feel,

Every emotion I've ever felt.

I miss the person I was back then.

I'd do anything I could to be in your life the way I always wanted to be.

I'm lonely now.

Worse off than before.

I want to rewind, go back in time to when my love for you burned in my chest and kept me alive

I want to feel something and there's nothing stronger than what I felt for you.

I feel nothing now.

Every person I've encountered after you paled in comparison.

There was no better time in my life than when I spent every day talking to you.

My love for you came when I was young,

I've never felt something so wild and free.

Back then I felt nothing but confusion, my soul was cold but my heart burned and the only way to describe how I felt is: bittersweet.

I dont know if I miss you or if I miss who I was when I fell for you.

Loving you was the dumbest thing I could have ever done.

I gained so much but lost so much more.

I thought leaving would make me feel better, give me clarity but all it did was open the door for depression, addiction and bad habits.

I want to be selfish and go back to the time where you were in my life.

But I can't.

I hope you think about the good times,

And when the memories come back, when your movie plays, I hope it shows all of the good times.

Every laugh, every smile, every word, every conversation.

Because I'd do anything to make you smile like the smile I keep seeing in my head.