5.5

New Year's Eve 1994  Part 1. 

A warm gentle breeze rushed in as the windows in the primary bedroom doors were opened and took in the night air as I picked out a dress for tonight, hovering over my huge line of gowns I finally found one that fit as I tried to hurry up and add more concealer to my right eye as I heard him walking up the steps. 

As I quickly went down the stairs in a beautiful black Versace black and gold gown, Taking down my straighten hair and placing it in a side swoop with a bun, looking over my outfit in the mirror, huffing as a turned to the side to see one of the pins displaced, I stopped as I felt hand movement on my lower back. 

"You look beautiful" He stated. 

Nervously looked up and not saying anything back and not looking directly into his eyes, holding onto the bottom of my gown up. 

Hurring out toward the hallway, I stopped in the mirror near the door and applied a little more concealer, moving the bangs over the right eye, getting in the limo was standard, more like a rehearsal than anything. thinking of the questions that people will or won't ask. 

Walking into the party hand and hand, everyone was gracious, Lindia quickly Identified something was intentional "Off" she quickly gave small conversation until he disappeared with the other guests, leaving me to attend to others. 

She slowly looked me up and down. 

 A small gasp of air got caught in my throat before starting. "It's not that bad..." before she could jump to a conclusion.

Dissatisfied with the answer she sucked her teeth with her hand on her hip.  

"Don't-" as she noticed the tears began to swell. 

she softly said, "You already know what I'm going to say, Come on." Leading me to the other side of the party. 

3...2...1..Happy New Year! everyone yelled. He grabbed his Brown Scotch in hand and he kissed me. 

Hoping that this new year was going to bring some peacefulness. in between that time, it was hell to pay. 

 A few months later Bedford, NY 1994.

Tommy decided we should through a Christmas party at the house in honor of the album which I was down for since that's my favorite holiday of all time and who doesn't love a good party, so I didn't mind at all the more people the better. 

Jermaine, Da Brat, and I  were out on the back patio as Da Brat introduced me to Derek Jeter who was an up-and-coming baseball player we were just kicking until Brat "coughed" Letting me know to chill out as I  looked over my shoulder and I began quickly walking away rushing through the crowds of  people as Tommy stared in my direction we began arguing which everyone could hear as they paused in concern, as soon I yelled, "Fuck you!" He grabbed me which made it worse, grabbing me through the crowd of people.

Running upstairs I went into the master bedroom and slammed the door with Tommy following me as I yelled "I can't believe you embarrassed me like that! In front of everyone." I said while pacing the room conflicted on whether I should go back down to apologize. 

He abruptly grabbed onto my wrist as I winched in pain." stop!" I yelled as he snatched my wrist and pushed me toward the wall.

"I told you I don't want you working with those people" He Yelled in my face. 

 "You married one of those people or haven't you noticed!" I yelled back.

He Backhanded me.