17.17

1995 Toyko, Japan. (Continued from previous)

performing began taking a toll on my mental but more the physical aspect, I huffed as I walked out on stage hoping no one would notice my growing baby bump and how I was feeling with the thick black tulle skirt below my waist, I was hoping it covered most, taking a deep breath I began to sing.

Open Arms.

After the performance, I rushed back to my dressing room kicked off my heels and Derek swung open the door with a bouquet of white roses. as he kissed my cheek.

"How'd you get back here?" I asked confusedly while pulling out makeup wipes, he sat on the leather seat as he began massaging my swollen feet.

"I'm so tired, I can't wait to be home!" I stated.

"you gotta finish this tour first!" he started laughing.

"Yeah, alright fine," I said throwing my hands in the air.

"Thanks for coming I really appreciated it D." I shyly smiled.

Going back to the hotel.

Turning on the light "What are you doing here?" I asked frightened.

"What's wrong with seeing my wife, Do I need an appointment?" He lightly chuckled, as he hugged me. I began getting tense.

"what's wrong?' he asked, stepping away.

"Nothing- its nothing, I just didn't know you'd be here, so soon," I said resting my head upon his chest as I took in the very familiar scent of his Gucci cologne, It reminded me of the first night I stayed in his condo in the Bronx.

I gently closed my eyes, I just wanted him to hold me all night like he used to do, now ever since I got pregnant it was more of a touch-and-go thing and I hated it, I really do feel like my song alone in love. These were the moments I missed in him.

******

We Layed down on the bed stretched out Casually and I felt guilty in the back of my head I was thinking about Derek I wanted to build with him but I really wanted to enjoy this moment of peace with Tommy because the lord only knows when it would arrive again.

As he gently brushed his hands over my curls and pecked my lips every now and again.

"I know, I haven't told you how proud I am of you, but I am."

"I blushed, He must've really missed me these past three days." I thought to myself.

When his Pager began going off, I was actually surprised to ignore it, which was very rare for him because work came before anything including me.

I was starting to get nervous especially when he said: "I want to spend with my special Lady."

"Really?! you're going to stay?" replied confused.

"Of course", He said leaning down to kiss me.

"Ah, It's kicking!" I said placing his hand on my small but now visible baby bump.

I didn't want this moment to end but it was too good to be true like always his kiss really is like fire and deep down he is cold just like I have written years prior, and in the back of my mind there were the mind games. I wanted to ask so many questions but I didn't want to ruin the moment, we cuddle and slept together for the first time in months.

*******

Waking up earlier than usual just to watch him sleep, he was so peaceful it's like a calm before the storm, there was a light tap at the door so I threw on my robe I believed it would've been room service and to my surprise it was Derek. walking out in the hall and cracked the door and said: "You can't be here, you have to go I'll call you when I'm home okay."