22.22

Brooklyn, NY Late, 1995

The last 48 hours were crucial, It was life or death... 

walking around the mansion in despair reading the statement on where to sign, was haunting tilting my head as I was expecting the words to magically. change. Calling Morgan about this was the last resort. 

Brooklyn, NY  

Pacing his living roomMorgan, what am I going to do?  Asking nervously whipping my sweaty hands on the side of my skirt. 

"Mariah, just put them on his desk when he's not home, it is that simple, " he said getting annoyed, tapping his foot under his desk. 

"It's not that simple maybe I'm just overreacting". while fidgeting with my hands. 

morgan yelled, "Overreacting is what he did to you at the party in front of everybody!"  leaning against the wall, and stated: "I just don't want a phone call that he seriously hurt you".

an eerie dark silence began to fill the room, I sighed heavily and began pressing my fingers together out of nervousness.

"Mariah-," he said softly while bending down he taking off my glasses, I looked everywhere else but at him, I couldn't deem myself as weak, I was a fighter I knew I can fight, my eyes were puffy from crying damn near every night, I was tired of trying to make things. 

I sighed and quickly got up, grabbed my glasses, and headed toward the front door. 

"I think you're making a big mistake going back to him!" he stated while sitting back down. 

"You Think you know but you have no idea, I can't just leave okay he's my damn boss so it wouldn't matter either way, in his mind he owns me."

"Okay Mimi whatever, next time I won't be there to save you."

*****

Bedford, NY

Driving Back to what would seem like federal prison for while I was a nervous wreck, Trying to figure out a lie that would withhold without too much trouble and how to come up with another excuse as to why I left without permission. 

Pulling into the driveway I took a deep breath before pulling all the way in, the security was outside, and Tommy was standing on the stairs. 

"Where have you been? Do you know What time it is?  Get in the house Now!" Tommy Yelled in my face as he pulled me out of my jeep. 

"you had me all over town looking for you!" He yelled while having a death grip on my arm. 

Pushing me over Through the threshold, I held the side of the front door, because if I didn't I would've fell flat on my face.

"Jonathan I got her!" Tommy yelled while Locking the front door.

 "I'm sick of this shit!" I yelled at him pulling off the wedding band. throwing it across the room. 

while yelling "I'm not a damn child, I'm a grown-ass woman!"

without a word, He backhanded me so hard I thought a tooth was going to come out.

Silence fell in the room. 

 I sat on the cold marble floor leaning against the Versace Vase, trying to process what actually happened as the room felt like it was spinning, slowly getting up I yelled "Fuck you!" still holding the right side of my cheek and dashing up the foyer steps. 

Eventually, I woke up in bed, I rolled my eyes and sighed I carefully move out of bed and walked toward the window, and began writing a small portion of a song called Close my eyes, eventually closing the notebook 

The following day (morning)

I began playing "Luther's Here and Now!" on the stereo blasting. while sitting in the studio wondering what to write next, I began singing a small melody as I heard the strings with his song and began writing...

"If you should ever need me
Unfailingly, I will return to your arms
And unburden your heart
And if you should remember
That we belong together
Never be ashamed
Call my name

Tell me I'm the one you treasure."

*******

AuthorNote: I've been so Busy with Life, and haven't been in the mood to write but yeah.