9.9

"Part-Time Lovers"

Bedford NY, 1994.

I woke up earlier than usual, feeling hungover.. seeing the the huge red white, and silver balloons filling up the ceiling. I smiled as I felt around the bed for him until I came across a small note stating that "he loved me and that he'd see me later."

Sighing in disappointment. getting up and throwing on the satin robe near the vanity. walking past the long mirror in the hallway noticing my small belly bump, and sighing again. before walking downstairs toward the kitchen to get breakfast. 

Security filled the hallway as I stood on the bottom steps with my arms folded in annoyance and I yelled: 

"What's going On?" As they turned and dressed in all black like an omen in a collective they looked confused, Before I could yell Tommy's name he came racing out of the foyer. ushering me to go back upstairs for the day. 

"More security again? For what?" I said whispering toward him. 

In a calm tone "I can't talk about it right now it has nothing to do with you.." grabbing my forearm. 

"Get off!" I yelled as I held the banister. 

he gave a smile and said "Yeah..okay" in a sarcastic tone. 

rolling my eyes in annoyance I went upstairs toward the bedroom. annoyed I took my hair out of the messy bun and threw on some black lace lingerie wishing I could drink some wine. 

 Sitting on the vanity stool testing new perfume overthinking as usual. 

Tommy turned on the security cameras throughout the house, and clicked on camera 1 to the master suite he noticed, that she sitting in the room looking depressed, he knew he shouldn't have her locked in the room for the day but it was her own safety and particularly for his. 

Grazing through the other footage throughout the house, he overheard the guards Donte and Juan talking about how beautiful Mariah looked earlier. becoming enraged, he grabbed his rifle from the closet and fired two warning shots and Jaun didn't turn around confused. he pushed Donte to attack him as Juan pulled Tommy off of him pushing him into the desk. 

breathing heavily he yelled: "What the fuck is wrong with you man!" he yelled in his Spanish accent. 

"Stay Away from her or you will be Fired" He grabbed his gun quickly walking in the main part of the house. 

Heavily breathing looking like a madman, he went upstairs. As I sprayed the last bite of YSL the bedroom door swung open, and he rushed over in an overly aggressive tone he stated." STOP walking around this house half naked Put goddamn clothes on! Now!" he yelled in my face while shoving me into the wall.

dropping the perfume bottle as shattered little pieces of glass fell on the hardwood floor. 

I tossed my hair to the side as I stepped back in horror, hoping none was under my feet, sniffling while closing my robe "Look what you did! You will all this damn insecurity! this is ridiculous." 

The smell of a Light Floral scent lingers on the floor...  

scratching his head he huffed and said "I'll buy you a new one.." 

Silence filled the air for a while. 

tapping my foot out of nervousness "So... this is how is going to be from now on?... you having these random ass outbursts because people are talking about me?"