33.33

Fiji Trip 1997

Laying in the sand and sun felt amazing, I didn't want to think about new york for the next few weeks. I just wanted to stay here forever, but I couldn't I grabbed a glass of wine. as Derek and I walked along the beach, I knew pictures were going to be taken but I could care less about what people had to say.

"I'm surprised he let you out the house". he said

"Trust me he has people spying everywhere I go".

"Damn, He's that bad". 

"Oh, you have no idea, bad doesn't explain it". I said sipping on a cocktail.

He began changing to the subject "so how is mom life?"

"Way more Stressful than it has to be, he wants to get full custody I just don't even know what to with that," I said shaking my head

"Damn Mimi, I'm sorry about that."

"Thanks, I didn't think it would get this messed up."

Looking over I noticed one of the guys, I rolled my eyes. "Let's go inside."

"Derek, I don't wanna bring you into something your not ready for."

"I understand, well I better get going, the team has a practice later".

"Okay, Bye" laying on the bed.

I sighed knowing the security was outside the hotel, "Shit"

I decided to take a nap before my flight back to new york. 

**

New York, New York. 

Franco Picked me up from the airport, I was exhausted knowing the media was going to go crazy, as I saw the newspaper on the seat, "Fuck" I said sinking into the seat.

It was gloomy fall day wrapping my cardigan around my loose fitted tank. 

"How was your trip?" Franco asked sincerely. 

"It was good,"  I stated. 

an Hour later Pulling up to the house.

I sat in the car debating to go in or not in my head, as Franco came around to open my side of the door. I hesitated before getting fully out, getting my keys and opening the door the house was seemed empty and very quiet. 

"Tommy?!" I yelled out. 

Putting my bags down in the living room, walking around the house going upstairs to the nursey, as I didn't see or hear Nicholas crying, Walking pass the master suite I heard snoring and as I leaned near the doorway to see him passed out sleeping holding Nicolas in the chair. 

I couldn't help but laugh at the bibs and bottles all over the floor, Sneaking over to pick Nikko up trying my best not to disturb him.

I put him back in his crib, and walked back into the master bedroom and cleaning up, he eventually began waking up. 

"When did you get back?" He said standing up.

"This morning-"

"How was the trip?" He asked dryly

"you should know didn't one of your guys call you". Picking up the last bottle from the floor. 

He didn't answer he just lightly laughed and walked away shaking his head. 

******

Showering after cleaning up I decided to lay on the bed for a minute while I began writing lyrics for the second lead single for the album, "Butterfly, I have learned that beauty Has to flourish in the light wild horses run unbridled or their spirit dies."

"Wow," I said to myself re-reading the lyrics that I'd just came up with. 

I decided to keep writing until I heard Nikko crying, I sat up to go get him to change his diaper, and get him ready for bed, I held him humming a melody from any time you need a friend. 

as he began going back to sleep, walking downstairs, I grabbed some food, Tommy came through the door asking a thousand and one questions. 

"Do you have a single yet?" "When is the album going to be finished?!" He asked.

"Yes, I have a single and in september It will be done," I said grabbing a bottle of water.

"why are you waiting that long to release it?" he stated.

"why do you even care at this point? Honestly, I'm leaving when the album is complete." 

"You can go! But Nicolas is staying with me!" He yelled

"Huh, Over my dead body, he's living with me in the city,"  I yelled back. 

"That's what you think?" He said

"No That's what is going to be," I said walking away I felt the power that Shawntae said I had the entire time. 

Only 5 more months I thought to myself and everything would be back to normal, washing the bowl I began overwhelmed with emotion out of nowhere, feeling proud but also nervous to what the future was going to hold for us and my music.   

******

AuthorNote: Hey I know I haven't been updating but lemme know what you think also tell what you think over the overall re-editing of the book. and inbox me what chapter has been your favorite chapter and why?! I would like to know.