The Two Year Plan

Previously

Naruto's back smashed into the adjacent wall and there was an enraged Menma pinning him with one hand holding his throat and the other hand covering his mouth.

Naruto's throat closes up when he actually gets a look at Menma's face.

Red eyes... Kyuubi...

Oh shit!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now

Naruto felt panic building with his chest. His brother with the red eyes of Kyuubi was staring down at him malevolently. His heart beat sped up rapidly and he felt like he couldn't breathe. He had seen the action of the Kyuubi chakra only once and that was enough to traumatize the child's mind. Now being face to face with that monster who had taken over his brother was terrifying.

Kyuubi stared at the kid and became frustrated. The kid was going to have a panic attack, damnit!

"Kid! Hey Kid!" Kyuubi called out hoping to distract the kid but to still keep his voice low.

"Kid, calm down I won't do anything... Just fucking calm down already!" Kyuubi was panicking. This couldn't be happening! If the kid had a panic attack it might trigger one of the safety seals and that would attract that fucking hokage and his goddamn wife.

Just when Kyuubi thought that getting out of here was the best option the kid somehow managed to calm down.

Naruto took a deep breath and tried to bring his heart beat back to normal levels.

Kyuubi rolled his eyes when he saw that the kid was now looking at him curiously. This was why he didn't have kids they were more trouble than they were worth.

"You okay brat?"

Naruto looked at the supposedly murderous monster dubiously and nodded slowly.

"Good... That's good... Now If I let go, promise me you won't scream."

Naruto blinked at the tone Kyuubi was using. Then nodded again.

"Okay. Good. But if you scream kid, I am going to gut you, got it."

This time Naruto nodded more rapidly.

Kyuubi slowly released Naruto and removed the hand that was covering Naruto's mouth.

Naruto stared at the Kyuubi for sometime before slowly stepping back from him. The both of them stared at each other for some time.

"Are you... the Kyuubi?" Naruto asked slowly.

Kyuubi took a deep breath, "Yeah... I am."

"Oh" Naruto said dumbfounded. Finally, his brain caught up to him that he was actually having a somewhat 'conversation' with THE KYUUBI!

Naruto shakily sat down on the floor. Kyuubi wisely stood back from the kid.

"So... you're not going to have a panic attack, are you?" Kyuubi asked after some time.

Naruto looked up from the floor, "No....Why? How are you in control?"

Kyuubi stayed silent for some time then crouched down in front of Naruto and Naruto leaned away from Kyuubi, "Hey kid, why don't we make a deal?"

"A-a d-deal?" Naruto stuttered.

"Yeah, a deal. You tell no one about what happened here and I'll let you out of here, alive and unharmed. How about it?" Kyuubi asked smirking.