Chapter 15: So Many Things Going On

Chapter 15

"Tell me..." Royce said softly against her lips.

'My god, I'm weak' were Lilly's thoughts. Her eyes were closed, she was in Royce's arms, and his lips were brushing softly against hers. How could she not feel weak? She's never felt like this before and had no idea what this was, it scared her. She was trembling like she was outside in the storm as if it was cold and her heartbeat was too fast for her to even count herself.

"I--I don't know...." She finally breathed.

Royce didn't doubt for one second that she was scared, but he needed to hear it come out of her mouth. She did have feelings for him too. Feelings that messed with his way of thinking and his hormones, let's not forget that, but he didn't want to just 'get some' like Lilly said the night they met, he wanted to keep seeing her everyday. She somehow fueled his happiness and made him smile with her smart antics. She was completely out of the ordinary, and that intrigued him.

"Come on Lilly..." He pressed on wanting for her to open up to him, "Tell me what you feel..."

'How the hell can I tell you!' She thought frustrated, 'I can never express my self right.' Slowly she opened her eyes to be met again by his hypnotizing gaze, it was the eyes and those lips that would never stop brushing against her, teasing.

"I feel...." She started slowly.

"Yes...?"

'STHAP! Dammit his breath against mine.' More chills kept going down her spine and she bit her lip trying to come up with something to say. 'Fight it! Fight it! Uhg fight what!' She was having an inner battle with herself, how could she describe what she's feeling when she doesn't have a clue.

'Why am I shaking? Why is my heart pumping so fast? Why can't I catch my breath, and Why do I fall for his gaze? Why do I want for him to just press those lips on to mine--NO'

What would you call it?

'Fight it Lilly!'

"Stop! Can I have some personal space in here!" Lilly finally pushed him away.

Royce shocked and dumbfounded shook his head, 'You are too stubborn Lilly'

Lilly let out a sarcastic laugh hoping it wasn't too fake for Royce to notice, "I'm impressed you're good! Very good! Is that how you always get the girls or what" she clapped adding more to Royce's annoyance with her attitude, she doesn't fool him.

"I'm impressed at how of a good actress you are, seriously though, you can win an Oscar" he shot back sarcastically, hoping this showed her that she doesn't fool him, he knows what he saw. Immediately Lilly's smile disappeared from her face and they both stood there silent looking at each other. Lilly hoped she had that intimidating glare so Royce could back off, but he didn't move a single inch, but he finally sighed with out breaking eye contact, "If you want to keep lying to yourself, I can't help you, but I know what I saw, when you're ready to face yourself, talk to me" He picked up the pillows from the floor and walked towards Lilly, he stopped right in front of her and sighed, he noticed how she still had the serious look on her face, she didn't break character, "Stop being so serious, smile it makes people crazy, like me, loco" his thumb glided over her soft lips. 'Crazy for you' Those words went right to her heart making it leap and at the same time Royce's leaped too.

Their hearts leaped towards each other without them even knowing.

Now his hand was holding her cheek"...Goodnight Lilly" he kissed her other cheek softly and he took a second to take in her sweet scent and breath on her skin. He stepped away without looking at her once and exited her room.